First of 2023

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Not the best of weather with the wind cold, cold.

1680887926801.png

Shot 5 Accumax and 5 of the Fury 400's. My first clean bore round was fired on the target where the Accumax group is, then I shot the 400's down lower. Finished with the 5 Accumax.
I used a front rest and off the shoulder. Might I just say......... I dislike shooting from a rest and prefer the bipod, which is MUCH more steady.

First rounds out of the muzz this year........... Those 400's, even with only 120grs V recoil pretty good. ;)

1680888193517.jpeg

1680888220535.jpeg

84 and 85 grains by weight of Blackhorn and the 400 grain Fury are shooting lights out for me and several rifles, Varget is also shooting excellent with the 400 Fury I hope you shoot that 400 more

84 and 85 grains by weight of Blackhorn and the 400 grain Fury are shooting lights out for me and several rifles, Varget is also shooting excellent with the 400 Fury I hope you shoot that 400 more
Yes sir, you can bet I'll be sending more. The remaining 400's will be shot at the club range. I'm very interested to find out how they group at 500yds.

Way to go. Doesn't look like you accumulated any shooter's rust over the winter.

All Fury 400 G8 .210.jpg

Using one of the ballistics programs, this one was to determine a POSSIBLE BC.
Entered the data and it spelled out the following BC possibilities.
For those who may wonder why the G8 check, in the long run its more accurate for flat base, highly pointed bullets.
When I can get to the range, I'll verify the ACTUAL drops at distance, then adjust the BC accordingly.

1680969423417.png

Ask Dennis he will make you some ,these bullets are not bonded yet, I asked him about a year ago if he would make some 400 grain with a sharp point and so far they have really shot good for me, I know they don't have the profile of some of the really sleek sharp 350 grain bullets that are available ,I'm hoping that the extra 50 grains of weight might have helped bc, the northern Precision 400 grain bullet I have been shooting has a very similar profile and it's shooting the same loads for me hopefully others will try these new 400 grain bullets both of Fury and the northern precision.

For long distance accuracy and for larger body to animals these 400 grain bullets just makes sense looking at the bullet selection Nationwide for smokeless shooters there's not much in the big bullet domain if you shoot big lead and real black powder yes you can pour your own bullets there's a lot of choices but if you shoot jacketed bullets like I do there's not much choice I see so much room for new bullets,, big bullets,, thanks to Encore for his information,,, the fury 400 is on the right the northern Precision 400 is on the left both are shooting lights out for me with 84 and 85 grains of Blackhorn and with smokeless loads of Varget I do not like heavy recoil I find a baffle break and 84 grains and this bullet very manageable getting up behind can't wait to see encore's results at 500 yards,,,,, the fury bullet is the prettiest bullet he has ever made

Attachments

• 20230408_124843.jpg
    20230408_124843.jpg
    957 KB · Views: 0
Thanks! I'll send him a message. I'm hoping to draw a moose tag this year so I want a big bullet

Thanks! I'll send him a message. I'm hoping to draw a moose tag this year so I want a big bullet
Ya know there's folks say a round ball (54) is all that's needed to kill anything walking ,not me but just sayin
I have 3 but they shoot (conicals )cause who believes that ? /Ed

We've had some great weather. Humidity for a couple days was in the teens!!!
Although the knee presented some issues and the back injury raised its ugly head again, I managed to some things done around the house. We finally got some very needed rain today and for the next few days it could rain, snow, sleet, hail, and raise all kinds of heck. But....... when the weather allows, the club's range roads are all open :) :)
Trigger is adjusted back down to target weight of 8oz. Can't wait to try these 400's at long range.
Soon, Mt monkey............. ;)

Latest posts

Back