Found my Omega after twenty years and only a few practice shots on it.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Anderson

Reaction score
I kinda forgot about that i bought one in the early 2000’s.

I went out one season and left it at my sister’s house.

In the mean time I got married and am raising 3 kids.

My middle child, 13, has decided to take up shooting sports and hunting.

We buy a Savage 220 for him to use and then I remember my Omega.

I was lucky enough to find a scope mount and added the Leupold ml scope.

We both got a deer, within 30 minutes, on day two of the season. First deer for us each, one shot each, both with Hornady SST bullets.

First two deer I ever field dressed also.

We spent a few trips to the range to prepare.

Attachments

• IMG_6256.jpeg
    IMG_6256.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6216.jpeg
    IMG_6216.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6191.jpeg
    IMG_6191.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6217.jpeg
    IMG_6217.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6221.jpeg
    IMG_6221.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6275.png
    IMG_6275.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
Also learn how to butcher them yourselves. Saves a ton a money after purchasing a grinder. Its really easy once you watched u tube a few times. We mix our venison with 50% beef for excellent burger. Mix 50% pork with leggs ac sausage seasoning. Jerky, loin steaks, roasts, and snack sticks to name a few things to do with that low fat meat that are absolutely delicious..

Also learn how to butcher them yourselves. Saves a ton a money after purchasing a grinder. Its really easy once you watched u tube a few times. We mix our venison with 50% beef for excellent burger. Mix 50% pork with leggs ac sausage seasoning. Jerky, loin steaks, roasts, and snack sticks to name a few things to do with that low fat meat that are absolutely delicious..
Thanks for the advice. I thought about doing one of them on my own. I think next year if we tag one, I definitely will try it out.

lesson learned. $790 later we have 110 lb. of sticks, sausage, ground, and steaks.

Next year!

Here’s our racks and tails.72229364526__B03F3E97-58D6-491E-AA8D-DE39E5D1CCBB.jpeg

Back