Front End Loader from Georgia by way of Maryland...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marlin_444

Reaction score
Hey All:

A bud referred me to this site since I have some real like Muzzle Stuffer questions that I have stumped the folks at my "Home" site.

So here is a run down or a bit about me -

Born in Baltimore Maryland, Parents from Kentucky (Mom) and Virginia (Dad).

Moved to Georgia in 72, lived here since - tried to move away three or four times, but keep coming back.

I have been Deer Hunting for 15 years, Modern Rifle... Began using a Muzzle Stuffer about 5 years ago when we added a week long season segment.

I am insanely committed to my hunt season, My wife and I are on the 8/4 plan - 8 Months I am hers, 4 Months it's Hunting Season... Gotta love a Southern Woman with a Family of Sportsman!

Looking to hunt my Front End Loaders exclusively next season (Personal Challenge and to mix it up), so I want to "Tune Up" over the 8 month break...

I have the following Front End Loaders -

1. .50 TC Omerga Z5 with a Nikon Omega, 28" Blue Barrel on Black Thumbhole Stock (not pictured) - Use for Deer Hunting - 150 Grains Trip 7, under a .270 Grain Platinum Powerbelt

2. Old beat up .50 Caliber 22" Barrel - CVA Bobcat which my Bro-in-law beat up and I am looking for a .45 Cal replacement barrel (Let me know whatcha got, or where I can get one). Iddle Pic in Avatar, might Turkey hunt it, untill I get a 12 GA Muzzle Stuffer...

3. .58 Caliber H&R Huntsman 28" Barrel- "O" ring issues, just got it and will be taking it to my Smith for corrective measures, will be asking the X-Sperts here ?'s on 1. Load (Bullet/Powder), 2. Corrective Measure for "O" ring issue and 3. Adding a .209 Primer Breach Plug Rig - to use this as my Bear Season Gun! NOTE: Top Pic in Avatar

Last and not least - My Pig Gun...

4. .54 Caliber Investarms (lyman) 23" Carbine - It has a conversion from a #11 Primer to a rig for CCI 550 Magnum Primers, which I need to be schooled on, as well I need Load (Bullet/Powder) recommendations for it!

I appreciate your comments, suggestions, Thoughts, Perspectives and General Knowledge sharing on these subjects, topics and guns...

Well, thats it; I look forward to seeing you all in the threads - Maybe even in the woods!!!

Welcome to the forum. Its great to have you here. Those are some nice rifles. Any thing we can help you with just ask. Until then, stay warm and have fun with the rifles. You have some great ones.

They all count in my book. I have two similar ones I could have taken around mid November on my place. I passed on them at the time cause I hasd nice ones moving around and thought for sure I'd filled both my buck tags by now. Well after loosing a beautiful 8pt in disgust. I would gladly take either one of the smaller ones. Working hard at filling my tags now with the clock ticking.

Did you guys ever get the rain you needed down in Ga?

American Me said:
They all count in my book. I have two similar ones I could have taken around mid November on my place. I passed on them at the time cause I hasd nice ones moving around and thought for sure I'd filled both my buck tags by now. Well after loosing a beautiful 8pt in disgust. I would gladly take either one of the smaller ones. Working hard at filling my tags now with the clock ticking.

Heck no it's been dry as a bone...

I have put 4 in thr freezer this seasaon, three Butterball Nanny's and a Oops Button Buck...

Where are you hunting at? I went out tonight on a powerline, had a poacher take a shot from his truck... I will reserve how I responded to your speculation...

Plan to make two runs to Alabama Jan. 1 - 7, then Jan 18 - 21... Cousin has a lease I'll hunt on...

Just got my latest Doe on Saturday AM on a clear cut near a Rail Road track at my Club Lease...

It's been a good season; I have seen upwards of a hundred plus deer, only problem is the good bucks did not present a shot (Couple nice 8's, a 10 and I think at least a 12)...

Anyway, gonna use my Muzzle Stuffers next season, want to get 200 - 250 yards out of my T/C Omega Z5... Any suggestions on Bullet/Load?

I typically use 150 Grains of T7 and a 270 Grain Platinum Powerbelt... Never had much luck with Say-Bows, you got any thoughts?

Marlin_444 said:
American Me said:

Heck no it's been dry as a bone...

I have put 4 in thr freezer this seasaon, three Butterball Nanny's and a Oops Button Buck...

Where are you hunting at? I went out tonight on a powerline, had a poacher take a shot from his truck... I will reserve how I responded to your speculation...

Plan to make two runs to Alabama Jan. 1 - 7, then Jan 18 - 21... Cousin has a lease I'll hunt on...

Just got my latest Doe on Saturday AM on a clear cut near a Rail Road track at my Club Lease...

It's been a good season; I have seen upwards of a hundred plus deer, only problem is the good bucks did not present a shot (Couple nice 8's, a 10 and I think at least a 12)...

Anyway, gonna use my Muzzle Stuffers next season, want to get 200 - 250 yards out of my T/C Omega Z5... Any suggestions on Bullet/Load?

I typically use 150 Grains of T7 and a 270 Grain Platinum Powerbelt... Never had much luck with Say-Bows, you got any thoughts?

I have some land down in Charles County, south of DC. My property is a creek bottom funnel with some power lines running parallel. Two farms either side of me about a mile in each direction. The other place is my mother-inlaws a few miles away. 36 acres with a little bit of everything around the edges of it. I have three does down with my bow.

In regards to your gun. I don't feel qualified to answer. I am new to muzzle loading. I am comfortable enough with mine but I dont have a heck of alot of time in the seat yet so to speak.

Latest posts

Back