Front Sight recommendation - CVA, PeepRib

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longrangr

Reaction score
For a CVA Optima V2 nitride,  it has a EABrown PeepRib rear sight.  Options: 1/16" white or brass bead, Williams FireSight fiber optic or a Lyman globe.

Hunting Colorado elk, mostly hunt in aspen/evergreen timber. 65 year old eyes.

The globe type I am familiar with from NRA HighPower shooting at 600/1000 yd.  Will insert disappear in low light?  Any experience with glow-in-dark paint on the inserts?

FireSight or similar, too large diameter for longer ranges?  Fragile?

1/16" white/brass bead - OK for longer shots, dim light issue?

Thanks in advance for your opinions!!

Longrangr

<table style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; background-color: rgb(222, 222, 222);" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tr style=><td class="hr" colspan="2"><hr />
</td></tr><tr style=><td colspan="2">I installed a Lyman globe sight, no shimming of rear sight has been necessary.  Using a crosshairs insert I got 2 MOA groups out to 200 yards off the bench and 2-1/2 MOA using a sling in sitting and reverse kneeling using a post for a rest in kneeling.  Painted a post insert with glow in dark paint and I think that will work well for low light shooting.  I can see the glowing post in the globe all the way to the end of legal shooting time after "charging" it with a flashlight.  I haven't shot it yet with the post but I expect it will work well.  I have quite a bit of experience with peep rear and post front sight combination.  Used 100 gr Blackhorn, Thor 300 gr bullets.  </td></tr></table>

Latest posts

Back