Frustration !!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get a white rifle! You can shoot all day without swabbing! They are very accurate rifles. You can thank me later!
There is a great whitetail .451 in the classifieds now. I have two already or would have bought it.
(Super 91, M97 in .451)
I might need to look into getting a White, because I’ve never had one. Please educate me on why you can shoot them without swabbing or crud build up.

I shot 15 rounds yesterday without ever swabbing once. I shoot conicals ( T/C Maxis) almost exclusively for 40 years. There is a rifle or two that requires an occasional swabbing but most times my barrels don't see a patch until the end of the day. I originally used the factory B Butter lube but now use a simple lube of veg oil, bees wax and lanolin.

I might need to look into getting a White, because I’ve never had one. Please educate me on why you can shoot them without swabbing or crud build up.
White rifles use #11 or musket caps for no crud ring experience. The calibers .451 and .504 are true and consistent from breech to muzzle, and don't waver in between like some other rifles. I shoot only conicals in my White rifles with a unlubed wad and no crud ring.
I can shoot all day as much as I want with a fouled bore, no swabbing required. Try one you won't be sorry.

toytruck, thanks for your post. However, I'm sure that the moist huggies do get the crud ring out. I use the huggies to clean with at home. Then dry with paper towels then swab with windex. There is no more fouling in the bore with the windex swabs. Also, at the range I can feel the crud ring when swabbing the bore with huggies and it goes away, i.e. the rod no longer has the feel that it is harder to push down.
I have also used Heet to swab with and the alcohol in it evaporates super fast (good stuff, thanks Bad Carma !)

Back