Got a deal on Gun Broker

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was looking for a butt stock for my T/C Encore frame and found a T/C Flex Tech stock and was able to snatch it up for only $85. I was the only bidder. And to make things even sweeter it matches the forend of the 209x45 barrel I'm putting on the frame.
I was also able to pick up another Encore online with a .243 barrel which I'm going to sell and put my 7-08 Rem barrel on it.
I will then have 3 complete Encores: a 7-08, 209x45 and 209x50.

I was looking for a butt stock for my T/C Encore frame and found a T/C Flex Tech stock and was able to snatch it up for only $85. I was the only bidder. And to make things even sweeter it matches the forend of the 209x45 barrel I'm putting on the frame.
I was also able to pick up another Encore online with a .243 barrel which I'm going to sell and put my 7-08 Rem barrel on it.
I will then have 3 complete Encores: a 7-08, 209x45 and 209x50.
I started out with my dad's Contender and bought my first Encore in 1994. My kids started growing up and teaching them to shoot was easy with an Encore. By the time my Youngest was ready to hunt, I had three Encores and a half dozen barrels. Currently have 5 barrels and three frames now. Love em.

Last edited:
I like the Encores too but if I would have known about the CVA Scout I would likely have a bunch of them in stead. As it is I have a .45 and .50 Encore muzzleloaders and a 7-08 encore rifle with an extra .243 barrel

I like the Encores too but if I would have known about the CVA Scout I would likely have a bunch of them in stead. As it is I have a .45 and .50 Encore muzzleloaders and a 7-08 encore rifle with an extra .243 barrel
In my opinion I think the Encore is inherently a better rifle. Don't get me wrong the CVA Scout is a very good rifle also but the Encore in my opinion is slightly better mainly because of the better hinge pin design. You will pay a lot more for an Encore build so if money is an issue the Scout is absolutely the way to go and with comparable accuracy. You really can't go wrong with either.

I have an Encore with a .45 ASG smokeless barrel. I also have a CVA Scout .450 Bushmaster in bronze cerakote. Both are very accurate and a lot of fun to shoot. I have my eyes on a bronze CVA Scout 45/70 for a Hankins smokeless conversion hopefully next spring.

Back