Got a deal on Gun Broker

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 260 Remington can kill anything a 280 can and even further out
You might want to check into that a little more, The .280 Remington will shoot the same weight bullet about 250 fps faster than the .260 Remington. While the BC is higher.520 for the .260 the BC is at .465 with the .284 bullet. At 800 yds the .280 will drop less and has slightly more energy. I own rifles in both of these fine calibers, but for big game hunting larger than a Whitetail I will take the .280 Remington hands down.

You might want to check into that a little more, The .280 Remington will shoot the same weight bullet about 250 fps faster than the .260 Remington. While the BC is higher.520 for the .260 the BC is at .465 with the .284 bullet. At 800 yds the .280 will drop less and has slightly more energy. I own rifles in both of these fine calibers, but for big game hunting larger than a Whitetail I will take the .280 Remington hands down.
I didnt have time to do the research you did rider but knew something wasn't right there.

I was looking for a butt stock for my T/C Encore frame and found a T/C Flex Tech stock and was able to snatch it up for only $85. I was the only bidder. And to make things even sweeter it matches the forend of the 209x45 barrel I'm putting on the frame.
I was also able to pick up another Encore online with a .243 barrel which I'm going to sell and put my 7-08 Rem barrel on it.
I will then have 3 complete Encores: a 7-08, 209x45 and 209x50.
I'd really love to find a stainless 209×45 Magnum barrel for my TC Encore ProHunter.

Latest posts

Back