50 cal Encore issue

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a FYI post in case you're having an Encore issue.
I have an Encore frame that was in a pistol configuration but sold the pistol barrel and stocks. I had a stainless 209x50 magnum barrel with a flextech forearm and just got the flextech butt stock in the mail today from Gunbroker. I put the barrel and foremd on the frame then installed the buttstock. Looked great but the hammer wouldn't cock! Hmmm..I removed the butt stock and hammer worked fine. Reinstalled the stock and again it wouldn't cock. I noticed the bolt although tight wasn't seated in the pistol grip. The butt had play and hammer wouldn't cock. Removed again this time put only the bolt in to where it was tight. No cock! I kept backing out the bolt until the hammer came back and hammer and trigger functioned properly. Ended up I had to cut off about 3/8" off the bolt threads. Anyway, she's all together, working and read to go.

Last edited:
Yes there is usually a spacer in the stock to make up for the bolt's extra length. There was only a lock washer and a relatively thin spacer about 3/32" in the butt stock. Fortunately I was able to figure out what the problem was and I'll likely sight the rifle in on Friday.

Back