got all my stuff together .....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find it helpful when I clean my muzzleloaders.I wrap a little 000-0000 steel wool aroud the brush to get in to the grooves between the lands.That steel wool is as fine as baby hair and found out it does not hurt the barrel.My brother had a t/c impact he left loaded for 2 years and I had to clean it for him.It looked like a new dime when i finished with it.

You'll need to develop a loading routine and remember to repeat every step the same for every shot.
This way you will develop consistency with your shooting.
Follow through with each shot. Keep your eye on the target and you'll do fine.
Good shooting.

Looks great Jeff! Never, ever total up what you spend on muzzleloaders!! Plausible deniability when the spouse asks how much did all that stuff cost!
I never ever let my woman have ANY SAY whatsoever about what I spend on hunting, fishing & Harley stuff. Not her money, not her business. There have been a cpl that found that - unacceptable, they quickly got replaced with ones that didn't have a prob with it.

I never ever let my woman have ANY SAY whatsoever about what I spend on hunting, fishing & Harley stuff. Not her money, not her business. There have been a cpl that found that - unacceptable, they quickly got replaced with ones that didn't have a prob with it.

different strokes for different folks . thanks for sharing .

Are you referring to the ramrod thimble?
How are you going to reload in the field for a second shot?

yep , the thimble . the screw for the thimble snapped when i took it out anyway . i'll use the CVA lifetime ram rod that came with my cleaning kit . i'll put it in my back pack with my other stuff . i'll be hunting on family and private lands and i'll only have to walk 40 to 200 yards to the blinds .

Last edited:
yep , the thimble . the screw for the thimble snapped when i took it out anyway . i'll use the CVA lifetime ram rod that came with my cleaning kit . i'll put it in my back pack with my other stuff . i'll be hunting on family and private lands and i'll only have to walk 40 20 200 yards to the blinds .
Thats awesome. I only have to walk about 200yds to one stand location & about 400yds to the other & have a 400yd range set up on the property. IDK how much longer its gonna be before the fam sells the place, but its sure nice to have that luxury. I've never had to go very far to shoot or hunt in my whole life.

the family farm has 120+ acers for cattle and a few hundred more that's leased . and my neighbor across the street has a few hundred acers of family land less than a mile away that i have permission to hunt and fish on . the clinch river runs along side it for over half a mile . i know what you mean on it being a luxury and i'm grateful for those .

the family farm has 120+ acers for cattle and a few hundred more that's leased . and my neighbor across the street has a few hundred acers of family land less than a mile away that i have permission to hunt and fish on . the clinch river runs along side it for over half a mile . i know what you mean on it being a luxury and i'm grateful for those .
Very cool, & yes, bein very grateful for all that absolutely. I did - semi city life & apartment life for a few yrs in my early 30's. I was like a fish thrown up on a river bank. I was over the moon when I moved back to the country where I could shoot out my back door & lay on my couch, watch hunting or fishing shows on TV & fish right out my living room window & park my 1956 Harley in my kitchen where I built it.

i lived around richmond va most of my adult life . met my lady about 5+ years ago and we've been carrying on the great American tradition of shacking up for 4+ of those years . my mom was raised country on farms and my lady cooks like my mom did :) . i'm so fortunate to have found her . i spent most of my teen years in roanoke rapids NC and lived the good life fishing and shooting . IMO the farther away from big cities ya get the better life is .......

i lived around richmond va most of my adult life . met my lady about 5+ years ago and we've been carrying on the great American tradition of shacking up for 4+ of those years . my mom was raised country on farms and my lady cooks like my mom did :) . i'm so fortunate to have found her . i spent most of my teen years in roanoke rapids NC and lived the good life fishing and shooting . IMO the farther away from big cities ya get the better life is .......
Nice bud. I could tell ya some wild stories about all the trips to Kings Dominion, just not in open forum. lol I didn't live too far on the other side of the river in Md.

went to my bro-n-laws and took a few shots in a the rain to get a feel for the recoil and it was much easier that i thought it would be but we didn't sight in the gun because of the rain . and ..... he found his ML bag of stuff and gave it to me . so now i have an additional 36 bullets/sabots , BP grease , 72 777 W primers and 86 777 pellets . i think i'll save the shock waves for hunting and use the XTP 250's for sighting in and range time .
i think i'm gonna be good for a while ! hahahaha

20220514_191820.jpg

Latest posts

Back