Got it done this morning. First smoothbore muzzleloader turkey

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys one of the most exciting hunts of my life. Hen and this gobbler hung up at 40 yards for a hour with him strutting back and forth. Finally she walked off in the opposite direction. I made a few clucks and scratching leaves he turned and came sneaking back. At less than 20 yards when into full strut with only 1 1/4 oz of shot didn't want that shot angle. He came into 19 steps walked behind a oak and I readjusted when he stepped out I pulled left trigger. Hammer fell cap didn't go off. I don't know who was more shocked. He putted started to run I yelp loudly he stopped . I shot right barrel. When home cocked left barrel on same cap gun fired. I did find hammer screw was loose and cause hammer to wiggle. I have shot this gun probably 50 times during testing patterns. I fire a cap in morning before loading when clean. Never had a misfire before??

Last edited:
#2 down this morning had 3 gobbling before sun up. Sat about 70 yards from this one. Waited till a hen flew down. Made 2 low tree calls a minute later he lands down about 30 yards left him walk to maybe 25 gave him the business. Smoke cleared and he was trying to stand I gave him other barrel. 1 1/8 of 3f and 1 1/4 oz #5 lead

Attachments

• IMG_20240417_064024908.jpg
    IMG_20240417_064024908.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
#2 down this morning had 3 gobbling before sun up. Sat about 70 yards from this one. Waited till a hen flew down. Made 2 low tree calls a minute later he lands down about 30 yards left him walk to maybe 25 gave him the business. Smoke cleared and he was trying to stand I gave him other barrel. 1 1/8 of 3f and 1 1/4 oz #5 lead
Whoa...... you gave him both barrels!!!!......lol......
Both good'uns.

Latest posts

Back