Got My "New" Patriot Today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patocazador

Reaction score
Got My "New" Patriot Today

UPS brought my "new" T/C Patriot today that I got from Carlos. It's just gorgeous. :tongue: 

The original shipping box from T/C in Rochester NH had a post mark dated Dec. 3, 1979. It's about 95% 'cherry' :cherry:  and I don't mean the wood. The stock is beautifully-figured walnut. It's raining today so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try it out.

Re: Got My "New" Patriot Today

awesome! I knew that was a great price on it once i saw the full size photos of it.

Enjoy Pato ! Them front stuffing pistolas are great fun to shoot.

I shot it today with 3FG and patched round balls. 11:30 and high at 20 yds. and 11:00 and higher yet at 30 yds. I would have done more but a thunderstorm came up and chased me into the barn.

PS: I sold 2 calves the other day and couldn't believe the check I got today - $600+ EACH! :cheers:   I can't afford steak but I can afford another gun now. :twisted:

:lol: :lol: Don't let the wife see the check otherwise 'no gun'.....

I was going to have a holster made for the Patriot but found a Hunter double loop that I never used. After a little stretching it fits like a glove:

PatriotandHunterHolster_zpsd26bff9b.jpg

PatriotwithHolster2_zps54f3b22e.jpg

awesome fit! Protects it really well.

patocazador said:
I was going to have a holster made for the Patriot but found a Hunter double loop that I never used. After a little stretching it fits like a glove:

PatriotandHunterHolster_zpsd26bff9b.jpg

PatriotwithHolster2_zps54f3b22e.jpg
Pato that looks nice, and I'm glad you like the gun. You better find another holster since you should have your OPTIMA PISTOL sometime next week.:twisted:
Carlos

Don't think you'll get that Optima in that holster though :)

I'll probably put a sling on the Optima. I braided one out of paracord for my .357 Auto Mag with a 10" barrel.
I think it may accept a screw-in stud in the base of the grip for attachment of a QD swivel. A clamp-on type for the barrel should work. Then just attach a 1" nylon sling.  Something will work, I'm sure.  :suspect:

Yeah the TC Contender carries well with a sling as well so it will work just peachy !

Nice looking pistol and fun shooter! Great holster too!  What a great combo to have in your collection. You did we'll patocazador!

Beautiful piece :!: 

-------------------------
p.s. Never saw a lefty (for me) version under the counter, but I guess they may be out there somewhere. 

Well I got out this AM and shot 6 patched RBs, 3 with 20 gr. 3FG and 3 with 30 gr. 3FG. I found out that the barrel is ~ 1:28 twist and it didn't like round balls. I shot three 210 gr. conicals with a thin wad over the powder and Lyman BP Gold for a lube at 35 yds. 2 of 3 were within an inch and one was very low. Probably a loading error on my part. I wet-patched every 3 shots and dry-patched every shot.

I've got a REAL 200 gr. mold coming this week and will try it out next.

PS: Thanks everyone for the compliments on the gun. I feel the same way about it. :)

WOW, I think I would have never fired that beauty.....

Latest posts

Back