Got the bug!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonewolf

Reaction score
Encore build, cva build, or bolt build?
Have a extra savage bolt gun, stock trigger, what'd everyone idea?I've read most these builds looks like they all shoot good, just can't set my mind on which.

Encore build, cva build, or bolt build?
Have a extra savage bolt gun, stock trigger, what'd everyone idea?I've read most these builds looks like they all shoot good, just can't set my mind on which.
What's your requirements? Heavy or light gun? Fast or slow burning powder? 209, Direct Ignition, modules? Powder chamber? etc, etc, etc

Last edited:
I would use your Savage action in a heartbeat. Is your action a large shank or small? You buy a Pre-fit bbl. and breechplug and set the head space yourself, it's easy to do. You could also buy a Brux bbl and have a gunsmith thread the bbl. and breechplug to the receiver and not have the bbl. nut. This will allow you to shoot full power loads out to 400 + yards and still have enough to put-em down. That's something you can't do with any break-action gun. You have a better selection of stocks or mounts to choose from if you use the Savage action as well.

I've already got the heavy barreled Palma stock, I bought for it to do a different build, timmey trigger, Burris scope setup an rings.i should just need bolt adapter an barrel an breechplug I believe?

Back