Looking for something new

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I'm currently running a cva scout conversation by Jeff hankins. But I'm looking to get something different would go the pro hunter route but can't find one. What would be a nice build to get into without spending 5k of a custom bolt gun I'm in virginia so Most of my shots are 300 or less. I thought about trying to build my own bolt gun with like a 22 inch barrel what are yalls thoughts?

Attachments

• 20211029_161549.jpg
    20211029_161549.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
So I'm currently running a cva scout conversation by Jeff hankins. But I'm looking to get something different would go the pro hunter route but can't find one. What would be a nice build to get into without spending 5k of a custom bolt gun I'm in virginia so Most of my shots are 300 or less. I thought about trying to build my own bolt gun with like a 22 inch barrel what are yalls thoughts?

I have 2 Scouts and a bolt gun. Love my Scouts. Only reason I built a bolt gun was for when I know I'm going to have over 300 yard shots. I built my bolt gun off of a Savage receiver bought the Barrel from Jeff . $3000 all said and done pretty easy build .

I have 2 Scouts and a bolt gun. Love my Scouts. Only reason I built a bolt gun was for when I know I'm going to have over 300 yard shots. I built my bolt gun off of a Savage receiver bought the Barrel from Jeff . $3000 all said and done pretty easy build .
Yea thats not bad at all pretty straight forward assembly? I've built multiple Glocks and AR platforms never done a bolt gun though.

Yes, Jeff (Bestill) puts a nice rifle together for sure. He doesn’t sell his barrels separately. A guy can get a barrel from Woodman and essentially build the same rifle himself for about $1000 less.
How much does a Bestill rifle cost if you dont mind me asking. Id rather pay someone to build me something quality vs me messing up 🤣.

I just got an Ultimate BP Express for pretty cheap, on a Howa 1500 action and laminate stock, im planning to convert that to a smokeless .45. I’ll try to buy the parts from ASG or maybe Hankins. I have a Rem 700 smokeless, those are pretty easy to rebarrel so i imagine that they are also pretty easy to convert from CF.

How much does a Bestill rifle cost if you dont mind me asking. Id rather pay someone to build me something quality vs me messing up 🤣.
He will price it by what you want, but I have saw rifles ready to go out of the box , that was loaded and shot from his dope chart that ran from 100 yds to 500 one shot hits

Latest posts

Back