Got the Patriot out to 400 yards.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LHR

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Just doing some testing on the Patriot at distance and the GPO 3-9x42 turret to see how well it returns to zero. So I fired at 400 yards and 100 yards alternating back and forth each shot. I was dialing 17 1/2 Moa up and down, that’s just over a full turn of the dial. At 400 I was just shooting a steel plate, at 100 I was shooting at a 1” bullseye.

The shot directly above the bulls was to double check zero before dialing out to 400. It appears that after dialing up then back, my zero is shifting slightly up and left? It could also have been the wind playing with me some?

FC93D40E-AD3D-4F0D-9C0E-0D5CE8CF00CB.jpeg
View attachment FullSizeRender.mov

Looks like you need to find a really calm day. On a side note have you ever tried full bore out of your Redemption? I purchased some .502 Thor's and can't wait to give them a try. Just waiting for cool weather. Looks like next week.

Looks like you need to find a really calm day. On a side note have you ever tried full bore out of your Redemption? I purchased some .502 Thor's and can't wait to give them a try. Just waiting for cool weather. Looks like next week.
I did try those early Hornady bullets, with the thin copper at the base. I forget the name of them, probably because they shot so poorly for me. But that is the only time I have.

I am using full bore, .45 Northern Precision Pin Point, 270 grain.

Latest posts

Back