GPR rear sight question ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerndog

Reaction score
:?: Have any of you fellas who have a lyman great plains rifle, ever have a problem with the extra rear sight that they give you ? The adjustable sight that came already on the rifle, did not work for me as well as the non-adjustable one, as the sight picture is just easier for me to see clearly.
The problem is, it is way to small to fit the dovetail notch in the rifle barrel, is there a fix for this, or, do i need to call lyman, and see if they will send me another one ?........thanks

Are you putting it in the right way? The dovetails are made to go in one way only.

YES, i have put in many before, just never had one not fit at all like this, it is a very loose fit, it will fall out when the rifle is turned on its side !!

That's a company issue then. They made the dovetail too small. They should send you a replacement. Have your packing info ready. They'll ask for the number of the person it was packed by if I remember right. I got a screwed up nipple with mine. The cleaning screw was screwed in too far and damaged it. They did send me a new one.

Latest posts

Back