HAD TO DO THIS ONE. KODIAK SHORT 45 CAL.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvilorio1

Reaction score
Had to put this last one on today since it just happen, and I thought I owe this one to the guys that have 45 cal. out there and specially the ones that have KOIAK's. Last night around 8 PM a good friend of mine came by and ask me if I had a extra ML he could borrow to hunt with this year, and of course I told him I did and would get ti ready for him for opening day next , SAT. Since I had this in mind for a while I went in the safe and got out my KODIAK SHORT in 45 cal. and since I had plan on shooting sabotless I took it out to my work area so I could try the bullets in it and see how much knurling I had to put in them. Well to me surprise when I put the 200 gr. FTX in it, it just fitted perfect all the way down nice and snug, so I out a 250 gr. SST in it and the same thing. This is the second gun that I have that has what I call a perfect bore for sabotless, no knurling, from the box to the bore. Well I took it out today and get it sighted in, and here are the results.
KODIAK SHORT 20'' BARREL 45 CAL.
BUSHNELL DOA 250
DNZ MOUNT
BH 209, 110 GR.
WOOL WAD
HORNADY FTX 200 GR.
FIOCCHI 616 209 PRIMERS.

This is the gun and it is the first 45 cal. that I ever got, and I got it thanks to MARTY, who was gracious enough to put on her.
KODIAKSHORTSIGHTIN001.jpg

Sight in target at 100 yrds., first tow shot a bit high and right, but that is what happens when you go from sabots to sabotless, you POA will change. I made some adjustment to the left an down, and fire three more shots all in there.
KODIAKSHORTFORAFRIEND001_zps8591dba3.jpg

I know my friend told me that his shot would not be over a 100 yrds, but I went ahead and shot it at 150 yrds, just in case, and she did great. This is the 150 yrds. target.
KODIAKSHORTFORAFRIEND002_zps3255b840.jpg

I will say he will not have a problem come SAT. morning at all.
Carlos

That's one heck of a group at 100 yards. But it is down right magical at 1000 yards.

It just amazes me how well those shortys shoot after all the years of articles saying that you need length to get accuracy. Just goes to show that a lot of those articles are just crap fillers & they don't really know what they are talking about! Great shooting buddy!!

WOW carlos you just know how to find the best in any gun you touch Brother :D
AWESOME shooting :cheers:

Thanks Carlos, I have plans on cutting one of my .45 MagHunters down and I might cut one of my .45 Knights also. You the MAN. 8) I just love the way the SHORTY"S look.

:shock: No knurling needed and a shooter as well :face: ...I'd hang onto that bad boy.

What was your other muzzleloader that shot sabotless without knurling :?:

inline50 said:
:shock: No knurling needed and a shooter as well :face: ...I'd hang onto that bad boy.

What was your other muzzleloader that shot sabotless without knurling :?:
The other one I have that I don't have to knurl up for is the APEX SHORT 50 cal. From the box to the barrel and down the hatch.
Carlos

Latest posts

Back