HK MP 7

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Guys I have always loved the MP5 but the one major drawback was the 9mm round. Here is the replacement, the MP7:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_und_Koch_MP7
300px-MP7A1.JPG

I saw that on FUTURE WEAPONS ... it is pretty awesome.

That round had no problems going through body armor / kevlar helmets.

Grouse said:
Doohan said:
That round had no problems going through body armor / kevlar helmets.

So it's a Cop killer :(

Uhhh... not really Tom. Last I heard no street gangs were outfitted with MP5's let alone the new stuff from H&K.

One would have to have some serious cash in order to get in line for one of these. I dont even know where one would get ammo for the thing anyhow.

Doohan said:
One would have to have some serious cash in order to get in line for one of these. I dont even know where one would get ammo for the thing anyhow.

Bad people have alot of money. :)

Grouse said:
Doohan said:

More so than good people per my experience. :cry:

Loggy said:
Grouse said:
Doohan said:

More so than good people per my experience. :cry:

An MP5 is nothing but a 9 lbs pistol. Now that that point is being driven home in law enforcement, you see alot of AR15's in patrol cars.

PowderKeg

Grouse said:
What's wrong with the 9mm? I thought that was a very popular round.

Didn't the military abandon it due to it's lack of stopping power???

Some SPL Ops boys got a lesson in Somalia, seems they went in on a warlord with their MP5s and the badguys had on body armor and had HK91's.
As far as Grouse's concern that this is a cop killer- let me clear the air.
First of all the MP5 and the MP7 are both class 3 weapons. They are full auto machine guns. To get one legally, you must go through a class 3 dealer and a whole bunch of paperwork. Are their illegal ones out there? You betcha, just like their are all kinds of illegal weapons all over the world, even WMD's.
Weapons, and that is what we are talking here, weapons, are in a constant flux of change. As soon as one is developed that defeats current levels, then there is a rush to get something that will beat it. The MP7 is just the latest. Just about every centerfire rifle wih standard ammo will defeat current body armor that cops wear. The old 30-30 will shoot through level 2 vests. The US military is adopting new vest technology as they just found one that will defeat 5.56 steel core. That is about as wicked as it gets in anti-armor rounds. The police will have to adapt and they will, they have to to survive.
Bottom line- it is a nasty cycle, it is reality. I don't like it. But I will stay up to date and informed. Hence this post.

mp5 were avail in 3 calibers

9mm .40 and 10mm

i have played with all three the FBI has all three

the 9mm was supressed, way cool (BUT ONLY FULL AUTO)

the 40 was fun the 10 was kick A$$ till we broke it
(other had happy switches 1 round 3 round or full auto)

i shoot a a range in MI where the FBI, DEA and many others train

i got to meet a few cool individuals that let us play

but a select fire M4 is still way too cool

Back