Hog Callin

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
Not much gruntin here lately so I moved this thread from old Board. :lol:

I know a number of you TN Hog Hunters hunted a half day or so and no hogs sighted.

Anyone ever consider Hog Callin?

I see Haydel has a Boss Hog Call. I tried their Deer Calls and they make a good product.

Emits hog grunts and has the ability to create the distress squeals of large boars fighting. This sound attracts other hogs.

5616.jpg

Some of Wilbur's Calls. Primos is also an excellent call manufacturer. I have used many of his Turkey Calls.

2 different Hog Calls Offered. Think I may get me one or both. Be a great WAKE-UP Call!! :lol:

Hog Squealer
$9.99

Hog squeals are made by both boars and sows. The squeals of a wild hog sound very much like those of a domestic pig. Because of the wild hog's strong pack instinct and its curious nature, they will often investigate the sounds of other hogs squealing.

Features
Excellent long-range call
Reproduces the distress squeal of a hog
Effective for attracting boars and sows "

PIC of SQUEALER:
321.jpg

Hog Grunter
$10.99

Hard grunts are made by both boars and sows. The grunts of a wild hog sound very much like those of a domestic pig. Because of the wild hog's strong pack instinct and its curious nature, they will often investigate the sounds of other hogs.

Features
Great for close-in calling
Reproduces the grunting sounds of a wild hog
Appeals to the pack instinct of a hog "

PIC OF HOG GRUNTER:

320.jpg

OINK, OINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just checkin to see if me new Hog Caller is workin! :lol: :lol:

Any deaf ears pick-up?? :lol: :lol: See some came to the trough but not one oink or grunt. :?

It's a while away yet Loggy. I'm not sure how many are exited already. :wink:

:D Guess just doin a little premature dreamin Patrick. When I hit my new Primos Hog Call it got my juices flowin. :D

Mrs. Loggy requested that all such callin activities be conducted strickly out of doors. :lol: She aint too excited yet either nor will ever be. :lol:

Tom, we PA Boys are surely amongst the craziest for sure! :lol:

SOOOIE! SOOOIE! SOOOIE! Just use a high pitch voice :lol: :wink: :lol:

Don't cost nuthin

charlie

Tried the Loggy Hoggy calling-- results not what was hoped for:

_1780541_pigs_bbc300.jpg

These are the pigs that scientists have crossed with spinach. :shock:

If I'm "hoggin' it usually takes most of a 5th of Jack Daniels and a splash of Brut.... :shock:

I hereby nominate The Chief as the our Official Field Tester of the Sow-In-Heat Urine. Although its simultaneous use with Hog Caller may be the most effective...I suggest on first field trial just going out with a little dose of the product in and around neck area. Leave the Hog Caller home. Be best to have both hands totally free during the initial field testing. A use of a treestand is also highly suggested. IMPORTANT!!! I would not indulge in any Jack before...this is serious business! :lol:

In the unfortunate event that the Chief doesnt return I have put in place Succession Plans that will bring the fast footed Grouse in for subsequent testing. Hopefully this will not be needed.

I feel this is a very worthwhile project and may pay big benefits for those of us who have future Hog Hunts planned.

If this upfront research project is successful in providing us valuable Hog huntin Techniques etc....we may ALL be able to bag our TN Hog within minutes. This would free us up for a multitude of other available activities such as touring Crossville and its wonderful surroundings. :lol:

I look forward to Chief's Field Reports!

Best of luck! :lol:

Loggy said:
In the unfortunate event that the Chief doesnt return I have put in place Succession Plans that will bring the fast footed Grouse in for subsequent testing. Hopefully this will not be needed.

Much VALUABLE time can be saved if Grouse field tests the "Rank Boar Potent Essence concurrently . . . :lol:

Good point there Randy. I saw that product.... Rank Boar Potent Essence listed and I cant think of no better candidate than The Grouse to try it! If both the Chief & Grouse enter afield at the same time...likely be best to keep a good distance between. Dont want those Hogs gettin confused on which target to hit and possibly invalidate field results on what Product works best. :lol:

You know Jim is comtemplating a Brown Bear Hunt...maybe he could serve as a back-up in case things go wrong...with his 10 ML-II. I cant think of a better way to prep for a Big Brown hunt! :lol: The R Man could even be used as a back-up to Jim with one of his a Big Repeaters. This is a very worthwhile Project but not that important to risk having any Family Members left behind. :lol:

I was gonna make some of my TN Pork tonite but I think some burgers will have to do! Thought I got a whiff of something. :lol:

Latest posts

Back