Hot, but had to shoot!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega45

Reaction score
My plan today was to rezero my scope at 100yds after an adjustment then shoot 200yds. Tempature was 92degrees. My plan came to an end when I pulled into my club at 1830hrs and realized there was a meeting at 1900hrs. I hurried up and placed targets on the 100yd range and fired 2 shots (1835hrs) then adjusted my scope a few clicks left. I then shot the 3 shot group below. 1st shot low then 2 and 3 beside each other. I only let the barrel cool approximately 2 minutes between shots. CCI209M's used for ignition. ZERO blowback.
prohunter.jpg

Sabotloader's modified V1 plug w/ PR Bullet vent liner
utf-8BSU1HMDAwMzUtMjAxMTA0MTQtMTExMS5qcGc-1.jpg

And what has become my favorite smoker.........TC Pro Hunter w/ .45 Encore Bergara barrel
prohunter001.jpg

:lol:
I know the feeling....BTDT!
When ya gotta shoot....Ya just gotta shoot!!

Nice shootin!

I'd get rid of that gun! You missed the bullseye by about an inch! GRIN

The same thing happened to me at my club last month. Except the archery league was going to start their match and didn't want me to shoot. I guess it would cause them to flinch or something???? GRIN

JStanley said:
That's one GORGEOUS rifle!

It has a Bellm #3 trigger spring and 51# hammer spring for a fast lock time. When you lightly squeeze it, it sends it. :lol:

Nice shooting and i feel your pain over the heat.

Swatting horse flies and removing tics has kept me from shooting much so instead of the new range membership, Im investing in a climate controlled shooting room. In 2 years it will pay for itself (vs range/membership dues) and have all the comforts i need including a fridge. ....for rifle cool down reasons only of course.:D

I will only be able to shoot out to 175 yards though. :( :lol:

:D :)

Thats some pretty good shooting there buddy and that rifle is a beauty. :!: :!: :!:

Ray.........

I don't know about you, but that thumb-hole stock makes a world of difference for me in how the gun points.

Very pretty stocks. I like my squishy composite FlexTechs, but those are awfully tempting.

I have the flex tech stock (non TH) on my blued Pro Hunter. I prefer the laminated TH. The Pachmyer recoil pad is very nice and absorbs a lot of recoil.

GM54-120 and Semi,
I drive about 10 miles to get to the range. :lol:

60 yard walk from my door to the bench on the 100 yard/meter range. :D

When i spend the weekend at the property its about a 20ft walk but.......

Its a 90mile drive to get there. :D

I HAD a range about 5 minutes away with a 200 yard firing line. It was never very busy except before the hunting season and had limited hours. At least it was close and open nearly every weekend. The owner was a great guy and usually gave me a discount on the 4+ hour days and i had a lot of freedom to call my own crease fires. There is a semi close state run range but it is always packed and its a 1 hour max if there is a waiting line.

WELLLLL...there is always a waiting line unless i take off work in the middle of the week. Which isn't worth it considering the restrictions.

Next year and later this year i may still have a drive to shoot but at least i will be doing it in total comfort. :p

They are just as easy to put on and take off as the factory stock and forend. They come with the recoil pad on them. Mine came from Cabelas and was missing the ramrod retainer in the forend. One call to TC had one shipped to me FREE, she would not let me pay even after I told her it was for an aftermarket forend. Stockeys and Boyds also carry them.

Back