Accura V2.45 Pre Season shooting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The target on the left with the shotgun holes in it is at 50yds. The second target with the .22 holes is 100yds. My first shot at 50 is the one outside the white circle at 9 o’clock, I totally pulled that one. Then I put 2 in the hole just before 12 o’clock and 2 more in the hole to the right of it. Then to 100yds.
My first 2 shots went in the hole highest to the left of center. I adj the scope a lil bit, fired 2 more to the right. Adj scope again, last shot just right of center bull. The fact that all those shots aren’t in a single hole is not the gun or the bullet or the sabot -it’s all the shooter. This Accura will stack’em in a hole, even with sabots, when the shooter is doin his part.
The .22 holes on the right top & bottom were out of a Ruger 10/22 at 100yds.
I always fire at least one group out of every gun I am going to hunt with, before the season starts. No matter what gun or what type of gun it is.
About 1.5 wks ago I shot at one of these dang Armadillos at around 70-75yds with the Accura, missed. Not normal for me. 3 days later I schwacked a big’un in the back yard running at about 30yds. But I hit it just in front of the hind legs, quartering away. The 220gr Dead Centers sent it rolling. Now I know for sure that it wasn’t my gun or the scope ( which I was worried was the issue), it was the nut behind the trigger with the failing health & bad eyesight that missed.

Attachments

• 5000E733-A28F-4B4D-867F-3302E65AC4AF.jpeg
    5000E733-A28F-4B4D-867F-3302E65AC4AF.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • DD6B76BF-596A-4843-8FBD-99630A413879.jpeg
    DD6B76BF-596A-4843-8FBD-99630A413879.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thats a sweet looking stock! What is that? Decal? paint?

Did a few hours of network setup and fixing for a buddy, he insisted on doing something for me... he used to be an air brush artist ... So it is all lacquer paint, almost a dozen layers between 2x base coats of black to cover the rattle can black I had on it, then the flames and clear coats.

I may have to swap the stock back out to the walnut sporter stock I have should I get some time to try some gobbler snipin' with @Ninering62 Here's the other side -

1666231759101.png

Did a few hours of network setup and fixing for a buddy, he insisted on doing something for me... he used to be an air brush artist ... So it is all lacquer paint, almost a dozen layers between 2x base coats of black to cover the rattle can black I had on it, then the flames and clear coats.

I may have to swap the stock back out to the walnut sporter stock I have should I get some time to try some gobbler snipin' with @Ninering62 Here's the other side -

View attachment 23968
Yeah, do not bang that up shooting some of them Oceolas down there. That is awesome.

Latest posts

Back