How did everyones season go

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve still got until the middle of January to get to hunt, but so far, I killed a buck in Texas with a crossbow and a doe and tom turkey in Oklahoma with a crossbow.

I was asked by an elderly gentleman to take his Encore 6.5x55 pistol and kill a deer and/or a pig with it, because all he ever shot is paper and wants it to draw blood. He’s not able to hunt anymore himself. That’s my mission now, and with as many pigs as there are in east TX, it should be easy to accomplish.

Tennessee actually started on the 4th so one more week. Pretty much all we are seeing are does and young bucks "Looking for Love!"

Gun season doesn't start till next weekend. Nov 17-19th.. Then Nov 30th -Dec 3rd.. muzzy season Dec 8-10th.. Late season Dec 28th-31st
Find it ptretty amazing how little time y'all get

Here in Florida the earliest archery opens early Sept with ML season 3-4 weeks after then general gun 3-4 weeks after that. Then general runs thru late dec to late Jan (southernmost zone) with small game thru Feb and March, then Spring Turkey opens in April

And pigs and rabbits are legal all year on private property

Go get'em smokepole.

My regular season ends on Sunday. I can buy my muzzleloader license for the season that starts on November 25 and runs till Dec. 9th. My remaining bonus tag can be used during the muzzy season as long as I buy that specific license. I plan to hunt in the morning then call it done for the regular firearms season. If I score a hit tomorrow, my three deer allotment is fulfilled and I am done. If not, then I will buy the muzzy license to try and get #3.

Last edited:
I’ve still got until the middle of January to get to hunt, but so far, I killed a buck in Texas with a crossbow and a doe and tom turkey in Oklahoma with a crossbow.

I was asked by an elderly gentleman to take his Encore 6.5x55 pistol and kill a deer and/or a pig with it, because all he ever shot is paper and wants it to draw blood. He’s not able to hunt anymore himself. That’s my mission now, and with as many pigs as there are in east TX, it should be easy to accomplish.
I was talking with Mnt Monkey a little while back about the 6.5x55, we are both big fans of it. My old man had a 6.5x55 Krag that my youngest brother & I both loved & wanted. It was the first gun the ahole sold.
Thats cool as hell to have that in a pistol. I hope you score with it.

Been bow hunting since Oct and kicking myself for being too selective. The rut is on right now and gun season ( rifle) starts in a week. I can start using my muzzleloader next weekend. Can use a Muzzleloader up until Jan 1st. Rifle stops on Dec 10th. Either sex after Dec 10th. I still have time to fill a tag.

Call me picky on burning my Buck tag. I had a very fat Spike come by the back of my cargo trailer lowered ramp. He was about 55 yards from me, could have smacked him for couple of minutes but passed. I have 9.5 days to go, i think a nice Doe or 2 will come to visit me.

Latest posts

Back