How do you store your stuff?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delight523

Reaction score
I have several muzzle loaders but just recently have I gotten into shooting them very much. I don't have much organization of my supplies and accessories. So how do y'all organize your stuff.

My cap making supplies and cleaning supplies are organized in a small 3 tray tackle box from Walmart. It's the cloth one with the velcro. My ammo is in it's big brother, with a tray for each caliber.

The cartridge making stuff is in a cedar box. And my shotshell stuff is set up in my shop, which is where I store my extra primers and powder.

My rifles have a designated rack with the horn and pouch for each hanging on the rack. My gun belt with my 1858 hangs on the same. My inline sits on my regular gun rack with a fanny pack pouch along with the rest of my unmentionable rifles.

My cleaning supplies are in a tackle box and I have everything else like powder and such on a stand in the spare bedroom. I keep several of my muzzleloaders at my dad's in his gun safe. I keep my Accura V2 Lr at my house in a padded case.

I have 2 small wooden cabinets for storing balls, bullets, caps and primers. A metal cabinet for my black powder, triple 7 and blackhorn.
On range day, I use a good size plastic tackle box. Cleaning supplies, targets, powder, caps and lead. I always bring a couple of small tools. Nipple wrench, screwdrivers, small hammer and a few other things.

Plastic GI ammo cans for loading/cleaning supplies.
Powder, caps and primers are locked in a wooden box.
The guns are stored on a rifle rack except the Old Army which is in the safe.

Gun safe for guns, powder and caps.
Small tackle box for cleaning stuff , range box for everything I need when shooting,

I have 2 small wooden cabinets for storing balls, bullets, caps and primers. A metal cabinet for my black powder, triple 7 and blackhorn.
On range day, I use a good size plastic tackle box. Cleaning supplies, targets, powder, caps and lead. I always bring a couple of small tools. Nipple wrench, screwdrivers, small hammer and a few other things.
I like the large tackle box idea.

I have a range bag that goes any time I go shoot anything.

I have my front stuffer stuff in a tackle box, grab it when I grab a gun, just like I grab mags and ammo.

And while my range bag has a mag for just about everything I own as well as at least some ammo for it, I'm not exactly comfortable with the idea of having BP and percussion caps in my car (range bag can stay in it for days at a time), etc.

Geez i really hate this subject has came up. I maybe the most unorganized ML shooter on this Forum. I have 2 totes, 2 containers with lids 3 heavy duty card board boxes a dz. coffee cans full n my work table 2.5' x 4.5' is so covered it takes 30 minutes to locate what i know is hiding there. I have a 2 drawer cabinet n a 2 sliding legal shelf that is on table. I just pull the open drawers to me to search for whatever is not there to search the table top.

Geez i really hate this subject has came up. I maybe the most unorganized ML shooter on this Forum. I have 2 totes, 2 containers with lids 3 heavy duty card board boxes a dz. coffee cans full n my work table 2.5' x 4.5' is so covered it takes 30 minutes to locate what i know is hiding there. I have a 2 drawer cabinet n a 2 sliding legal shelf that is on table. I just pull the open drawers to me to search for whatever is not there to search the table top.
Whatever works

Back