How to mount the rifle........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Trying to figure out a way to get the rifle/case and shoot'n box in this thing, without the wife pushing me down and making me eat dirt.

muskrat30 said:
That looks like a modern Bat Mobile, cool but not very practical. What does one do in the rain or snow??

Its a 3-wheel motorcycle. :lol: In MI you are required to have a motorcycle endorsement, where most of the western and southern states don't require the endorsement. I fully understand the western and southern states positions. There's absolutely NOTHING "motorcycle" about it. However......... it is a blast to drive! Not sure the wife is going to be very receptive to me loading it for heading to the range....

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/slingshot/ ... sl-le-blue

I have seen the adds for it on TV. A very interesting concept. And I do like the looks of it. I personally don't understand the motorcycle requirement but then, who can understand governmental regulations. Even the government don't. I personally like the thing but intend to purchase and Elio if they ever come on the market. Just for the fun of it and of course the gas mileage. But they've promised a car for years. And until I see them on the assembly line being assembled, I am not "putting a deposit down on them." Maybe I should check and see if Wisconsin is going to insist on motorcycle requirements. I let mine laps after I sold my bikes.

The same thing happened when I was going to purchase a new ATV. Instead, I wanted to get an ARGO but again, Wisconsin in all their wisdom don't allow them on ATV trails. Even though they do less damage then an ATV to the ground surface, and only run top speed of 25 mph. Where believe me, some of the ATV's that come by my place are well over 50 mph. BUT you can't straddle it, and it has no steering wheel (they drive like a skid steer). I would think the slower top end, and less environment damage would be a good thing. I think they are worried because they are amphibious. They go through about anything. In fact if you ever watch "Life Below Zero" Sue Atkins drives a big red ARGO. She's got the snow treads too I see.

That is really a cool CAR. Are you required to wear a helmet too?

cayuga said:
That is really a cool CAR. Are you required to wear a helmet too?

In MI, you don't have to wear a helmet ..... IF..... the following is met......

2 years riding experience after receiving your motorcycle endorsement

Must have a minimum of $20,000 for medical on your insurance. So.... even if you have $1,000,000 in medical, you're still required to have a minimum of 2 years riding experience. Anyone under the age of 21 must wear a helmet at all times IIRC.

This thing has seat belts just like an auto. Plus the roll bars over each person's head. It has everything but wipers and a roof. There's a very sketchy issue of rather it meets, or doesn't, the requirements for a cycle auto. Which does NOT require a motorcycle endorsement.

Polaris classifies it as a motorcycle. So far, its treated like a motorcycle in all but the western and southern states, where you have to have the endorsement. To classify it as an auto, it would have had to have had air bags, etc.

6 speaker sound system, wifi, NOAA weather and Bluetooth plus navigation connect. Cruise control too. Used the GM 2.4L Ecotec engine, with the same 5 speed transmission that they put in the Cadillac CTS-V.

When I saw them on the TV they sure looked cool. I even thought ... that would be a blast to drive around. And I like the color of your ride.

Hardcase with some sort of ATV style mount on either side of the rear vertical ring it looks like. May have to get a little "creative" in ways to tie a deer down to the hood. Couple years back, I saw something very similar driving around town. you could hear it had a motorcycle engine and exhaust, and it was FAST.

Squeeze said:
Hardcase with some sort of ATV style mount on either side of the rear vertical ring it looks like. May have to get a little "creative" in ways to tie a deer down to the hood. Couple years back, I saw something very similar driving around town. you could hear it had a motorcycle engine and exhaust, and it was FAST.

LOL........ take a good look at your avatar. That's what my wife would do to me, then push me down and make me eat dirt, if I get "creative" with that machine.

Trying to figure out a way to get the rifle/case and shoot'n box in this thing, without the wife pushing me down and making me eat dirt.

Small motorcycle Trailer. My Buddy had one for his Honda Goldwing Trike. Carried his rifle and a shotgun to NY from FL.

"Where there is a will there is a way". :wink:

Latest posts

Back