How's the H & R Sidekick?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marksman72 said:
Anyone have one or has heard of how they perform?
If it shoots anything like the H&R ultra slug hunter,it ought to be awsome!A few of the guys on here have shot it. I believe Doohan has experience with it.

I think they are excellent guns for the money, and really don't know who has ever owned one that does not feel the same way.

My son's friend bought one from Chuck Hill this year and he's more than happy with it. He's taken 4 nice deer with it this year. At 50 yds he's putting them into one big hole and at 100 yds, he claims to be about an inch lower using 250gr SST bullets and 100gr of T7 3F.

The only thing I don't like about the ML is the ramrod. You must twist the jag until the inner rod so it can extend out and then twist it back so it locks in place. Then when your done reloading, you must reverse the process to insert it back in the ramrod holder. Other than that, its a hell of a rifle for the money!!

Ed

i saw a guy with one kill a deer on one of our drives it did a great job 100gr 777 and a 385 great plains

Latest posts

Back