Huntsman and Sidekick

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know somewhere on here I have seen information on these two ML. I'm looking at a .58 cal. and it has been a while since I had it in my hands so I'm not sure if it is a Huntsman or a Sidekick. I do know that it has a press in breech plug, I do remember that much. Looking for info like barrel Twist and rough value. Bore is good bluing and wood has wear. He wants $175 thought it might be a fun RB gun open sights not sure what's out there for full bore lead and might I add ouch.

Definitely a '70's era H&R Huntsman, the 2002 and newer NEF Huntsman and 2004 NEF Sidekicks are all .50 caliber. I have 2003 NEF Huntsman, 2004 NEF Sidekick, and am extremely rare 2008 H&R Sidekick (under the Remington umbrella), which was also the last year for the muzzleloaders. They have also sold .50 caliber barrels in their barrel program that could be fitted to any SB1 or SB2 frame.

The old .58 cals were in fact a 1:66 twist. The old .45 cals were 1:56 twist. Some had push in breech plugs, and some had threaded plugs.

Value? I've seen them go from $150ish - $250ish, depending on condition. Some for less. Just depends on what is worth to you I guess.

Back