I didnt know they were back!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew that they were sold and moved, but I didn't pay that much attention to where. Heck, they're in your backyard! I wonder if they will be giving tours once they're settled in? I know of MoldCraft, I think we've done business with them in the past.

Blue-Dot-37.5

Yes JJ,

They are indeed back...and apparently in much better hands...(I did business with Ithaca in their last months..what a nightmare is all I can say)

I have been following their resurection for some time, you might find this letter interesting. The letter was written by the President of Ithaca to the membership of another shooting related board..

Ithaca Guns USA is owned by my father and myself. We have worked side by side in the mold making industry for 25 years. My father, Floyd, has 36 years in the business and we?ve both seen a lot of changes take place within the market. The level of fit and finish in mold making is similar to gun components, so the transition to manufacturing these components will be smooth. In fact, tolerances held on mold making exceed those commonly found in gun production.
My stance on outsourcing of American jobs offshore is well founded. My father?s company, Mold Craft, has been negatively impacted by off-shoring, and more recently by Hurricane Katrina?s effect on plastic resin costs. Unfortunately, somewhat sooner than we planned, we may have to close the doors of this mold shop. We?ve been here for 36 years and provided jobs to our small community; however, The NAFTA agreement has certainly had a damaging effect on our business and the manufacturing industry as a whole.
I was looking at different business models with the intention to diversify our business?however; it seemed that each option that I considered brought me back to the same offshore equation. When I learned about Ithaca, I felt that this brand could be something I could take a stand on and make a difference. The firearms industry has experienced problems similar to what I spoke of in mold making, but because of Ithaca?s long history and tradition it?s obvious that its biggest asset is the customer base. I myself have carried a model 37 since I was twelve years old and my father would shoot nothing else.
I have had so many enthusiastic people call from all over the country to inquire about Ithaca products and, despite the previous company?s ?rocky? financial past, have been encouraged by all the nice people I have talked to.
We bought this company literally in cardboard boxes. Thanks to a lot of effort and support from our team, we are starting to get a handle on things. We now have receivers, barrels, and trigger groups well underway in the machining process. The CNC equipment is proving to be extremely accurate, and this should help keep costs in line.
We call the company Ithaca Guns USA; ?Guns? in the plural form because Ithaca Guns USA is not going to simply be a one gun company. Before we can reintroduce the Model 37, as well as the other models, a lot of planning and fine tuning will take place to ensure the high level of quality that our customers expect. We are in the process of perfecting our processes as we speak.
?New Old Stock? guns are being assembled to serve the needs of those who did not want to wait on new product or who place a collector value on the last parts that were made in New York. These are being meticulously assembled, tested, and then tested again before we ship them. New manufactured internal parts are being integrated into these guns to make sure that form, fit, and function requirements are being met.
Ithaca Guns USA?s first release will be the 125th year anniversary model. Only 125 of each will be sold in 12, 16 and 20 gauge, a total of 375 pieces. Its time to market is past due: Ithaca turned 125 in 2005, but we feel it?s necessary to produce this model to ensure the continuity of the history of this gun. It also serves to illustrate some of our new ideas and materials selections, along with the quality of machining. All of our efforts are aimed at improving the reliability and ease of use of a gun that has already been proven in the field to be one of the most dependable pump guns in the world.
Our first release of a new gun, although of the same model designation, will be a true 28 gauge (?true? from the standpoint that it will be scaled to the proper proportions for the indicated gauge). I believe the market will embrace this version of the Model 37 when done properly.
NID?s, Knicks, and a new safety device for youth and novice shooters are planned future releases. To be successful, the burden does not rest entirely on our shoulders: Shooting enthusiasts who recognize that the strong heritage, workmanship, and ethics which have defined these sports and our country are being threatened by the current corporate culture--which in many instances places a greater emphasis on a quick profit and lackluster offerings--will hopefully step up and support an American company that is committed to manufacturing the highest quality products here in America. In order for Ithaca Guns to thrive once more, we must make enough profit to sustain our operations; however, our guiding mission is to keep this American icon just that?American.

Craig Marshall
President, Ithaca Guns USA

I am also glad to see that Ithaca has been resurrected. Ithaca's success has sentimental value to me since I've never owned any other brand of shotgun.

I noticed on their website that the Deerslayers pictured do not appear to be the Deerslayer II models with the fixed barrels and they list options of fixed sights or cantilever scope mounts. Does anyone know if they are discontinuing the Deerslayer II and III models, or are the just ramping up production with the interchangable barrel guns first?

JC...you said you've been following this rather closely. Any insight?

MK85Shooter said:
I noticed on their website that the Deerslayers pictured do not appear to be the Deerslayer II models with the fixed barrels and they list options of fixed sights or cantilever scope mounts. Does anyone know if they are discontinuing the Deerslayer II and III models, or are the just ramping up production with the interchangable barrel guns first?

JC...you said you've been following this rather closely. Any insight?

My understanding is that they are simply ramping production, however I am working on a getting a better explanation. I expect that may take a few days....

JC

That's good to hear.I killed my first deer (a 3 point) with my Dad's Model37 12 ga. Ribbed forearm still looks exactly the same. :!:

I love my Model 37 feather lite. I loved it so much I bought a 37 feather lite in 20 ga for my dad on his 70th birthday. He spent many a fall in the woods and fields with it till his 85th year. Before he passed in his 89th year he gave it to me and said thanks, Best shot gun I ever shot.

:D Al

Back