Inline Hunters Match

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sport needs more inline matches to survive. Love my flinters and caplocks, but the reality of the present-day muzzle loading hunter for the most part lies with the modern guns.

That said, forcing traditional shooters to compete with modern ones is, to me, akin to allowing men to compete in women's athletics. We have to make room for both. Glad to see this match come about. Thanks.

The sport needs more inline matches to survive. Love my flinters and caplocks, but the reality of the present-day muzzle loading hunter for the most part lies with the modern guns.

That said, forcing traditional shooters to compete with modern ones is, to me, akin to allowing men to compete in women's athletics. We have to make room for both. Glad to see this match come about. Thanks.
where did you get idea they are forced to compete against Inlines? They never did at the Nationals and never will

Anyone going to this event? As of now I plan on going (as a spectator). Never been there before, so don't know what to expect. But hope to see some good shooting and learn a thing or two. Was gonna go 2 years ago but the world as we knew it got turned upside down. Will be driving 3.5 hours to get there so advice is welcome.

Anyone going to this event? As of now I plan on going (as a spectator). Never been there before, so don't know what to expect. But hope to see some good shooting and learn a thing or two. Was gonna go 2 years ago but the world as we knew it got turned upside down. Will be driving 3.5 hours to get there so advice is welcome.

TAKE YOUR RIFLE OR REGRET THAT YOU DIDN'T.

as the man said bring your rifle, actually if you get there early you could practce

TAKE YOUR RIFLE OR REGRET THAT YOU DIDN'T.
I probably will regret it but the only rifle I have is 50 cal. NEF HUNTSMAN, not really a long range gun. I plan on going to see what I have seen some of you have talked about in the past. Sounds like a good time! Might even inspire me to buy another rifle, been thinking about it for a while now.

Made it to Friendship today. Enjoyed watching the good shooting and talking to a few who were there. Seeing those targets being hit at those ranges was impressive to me.

I hope I never see the day this sport ends.

Keep shoot'n everyone!

Any dates for 2023 inline hunters match ??
Should be in the early part of May? 45-70 might know.
The spring Nationals should be the week starting June 10th. That same weekend I ... assume ... that they will also be holding the LONG RANGE match at Camp Atterbury. 1,000yds.

God willing, I'll be at the 1K match at minimum.

Back