Is there any interest in postal shoots?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike in Oz

Reaction score
G'day all,

I seem to remember not too long ago that we had a fair bit of fun with postal shoots and i was wondering if the community interest in them is still there or is dead and gone?

Let me know what you think guys, are you interested or not?

Hey Mike we hear the new job is to your liking, that pretty neat. Most jobs are just that - just a job .......

I would be interested in postal matches again and would offer to run them, and do the scoring. This time those taking part would provide the targets (have to be clean and clear for scoring), lots of dark backgrounds makes finding the bullet hole harder. Lighter is always easier to shoot and score.

I'm interested but can't commit shooting in it at the moment.

I would be interested it was a lot of fun, and 5 rounds off hand was not to much trouble !!

Hey Mike we hear the new job is to your liking, that pretty neat. Most jobs are just that - just a job .......

I would be interested in postal matches again and would offer to run them, and do the scoring. This time those taking part would provide the targets (have to be clean and clear for scoring), lots of dark backgrounds makes finding the bullet hole harder. Lighter is always easier to shoot and score.

Hey Buck,

That is mighty kind of you to offer to run the shoots! :thumbs up:

And yes the new job is a hell of a lot better than what i used to be doing, thats for damn sure.... 😁

Hey "Mike In Oz",

I like your target selection. :thumbs up: :cheers:

I'll have to get Jonathan's OK on postal matches first.

I would reduce the "shot targets" size to save space on the page (all targets on one posting with everyone's target shown for comparisons), have a time limit on each shoot, and use the NMLRA scoring glass, etc.

What do you think guys.

When is the target due for grading? Are we given a month or what? I can't see worth a hoot any longer but am seriously itching for a match. Due to my bad vision in the dominant eye I gotta say that I don't really care much for the target. Just me but I'd prefer a simple bullseye. But bring it on and I'll really try my best.

just print it out, shoot it and turn it in to buck lol. Register is just a fancy word.

Register (reg is ter) has three syllables, far too many to remember.

Latest posts

Back