Knight Littlehorn vs Wolverine breech plug?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03mossy

Reaction score
After the youth hunt this weekend I was cleaning my sons Wolverine and my daughters Littlehorn. Took out both breech plugs and tossed them in the soaking tray. Didn’t take a mental note of which one is which. Anyone know?

Attachments

• IMG_7219.jpeg
    IMG_7219.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7220.jpeg
    IMG_7220.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I would suggest to you the one on the right probably came from the newer rifle. It looks like a Lehigh plug built for Knight. The one on the left is an older style.

Ok.

The Littlehorn was bought on here used about 6 years ago and the Wolverine was bought new from knight 3 years ago. So your guess is the Wolverine plug is on the right?

Ok.

The Littlehorn was bought on here used about 6 years ago and the Wolverine was bought new from knight 3 years ago. So your guess is the Wolverine plug is on the right?

Correct, I believe the plug on the right is the newer plug and probably goes to the newer rifle. But.... in reality either plug should work in either rifle.

I would suggest to you the one on the right probably came from the newer rifle. It looks like a Lehigh plug built for Knight. The one on the left is an older style.

I would agree - right plug is the older type - the good news either plug will work in both rifles.

You're not "wrong" if they get switched in the clean-up process.

Ooops - two of us replying at the same time. ;)

Back