Knight lk93

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rem700@ml

Reaction score
I purchased a knight lk93 54cal from the neighbor lady, I know it uses the #11 cap what seems to be the powder for this rifle I generally use black horn 209 for my Remington 700 surely can't use it with this rifle. Figured I'd use powerbelt 295gr bullet. Pellets or loose powder???

With #11 caps pellets are out, not hot enough to set them off. Like you said BH209 is out also. You can use Hornady XTP bullets/sabot combo or many other like that. I use lead conicals in my plunger #11 guns, loose triple 7 either 2Fg or 3Fg depending on caliber, usually kill a deer every year. I'd stay away from the powerbelts...

With #11 caps pellets are out, not hot enough to set them off. Like you said BH209 is out also. You can use Hornady XTP bullets/sabot combo or many other like that. I use lead conicals in my plunger #11 guns, loose triple 7 either 2Fg or 3Fg depending on caliber, usually kill a deer every year. I'd stay away from the powerbelts...
I have Hodgon Pyrodex FFFG that I use in my bp pistols, can I use it? rifles a 54cal your the 3rd member on here that said don't use powerbelts I'll check out your choices to find out what's different. Thanks for the information.

Yes, you can use pyrodex P (3Fg) in a .54, but probably will have better accuracy with RS (2Fg).
I have used power belts, killed four deer. They didn't penetrate, just blew up. I had to shoot one buck twice to kill him. I'm not a fan of them..

I'd try both the P and RS but use about 10% less of the P as you build up charges and pay attention to any little like things like the cap casing blowing off the nipple, indicating a problem with pressure.

Latest posts

Back