Knight rifles

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my wife and my new knight rifles last night. Only had a few minutes to check them out but seem very nice and well built. Mine has the new red timney trigger and the wife's has the old style. At first I was a little disappointed in this until I noticed they were pretty much the same trigger and out of the box without adjustment the old style was a lighter better feeling trigger pull. I'll be adjusting them to the same feel as my old mk85, now that thing came with one sweet trigger!

Fmfdred56 said:
Received my wife and my new knight rifles last night. Only had a few minutes to check them out but seem very nice and well built. Mine has the new red timney trigger and the wife's has the old style. At first I was a little disappointed in this until I noticed they were pretty much the same trigger and out of the box without adjustment the old style was a lighter better feeling trigger pull. I'll be adjusting them to the same feel as my old mk85, now that thing came with one sweet trigger!
Glad to here it! :applause: Looking forward to a range report.

Today was the first chance we had to shoot them the little horn was stacking bullets straight outta the box with a 495 grain no excuses and 60 grains of 2f 777. The bighorn will take some work, its shooting about 6 inch groups with perfect keyholes from 65 on up to 100 grains of 2f 777. Bullets may be a little heavy for the 1 in 26, is what I'm thinking anyway.

Fmfdred56 said:
Today was the first chance we had to shoot them the little horn was stacking bullets straight outta the box with a 495 grain no excuses and 60 grains of 2f 777. The bighorn will take some work, its shooting about 6 inch groups with perfect keyholes from 65 on up to 100 grains of 2f 777. Bullets may be a little heavy for the 1 in 26, is what I'm thinking anyway.

Fmfdred56 said:

Is your Bighorn a 52 cal? They are not stabilizing probably because of length or lack of velocity. Are you using a wad between the bullet and the powder? The will help seal the gas also.

If it is a 50 cal. Bighorn it is a 1/28 twist, but still that should handle a 495 grain lead conical if it is not slipping up the bore or leaking gas.

The bighorn is a 52 cal shooting 550 grain Conicals with a 32 gauge wad underneath it. you think I may need to up the charge? Recoil wasn't as bad as I expected I could bump it up if y'all think it may help stabalize the bullet. The little horn is my wife's she was shooting a 495 and shot a 3 inch off hand group with it so I think she's good to hunt!

On another note my new 451 super 91 shot to about 4 inches off hand and the new 540 bison shot to 2 inches offhand today so I'm thinking they are going to live up to the white name load was already developed for the bison by the last owner I'll be doing some tweeking on the super 91 in the coming weeks to tighten things up.

Back