Knight rifles

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I beagle

Reaction score
I have put a rifle in my cart at the knight site, and ordered some .52 caliber sabots and a .52 brush, but most of the cost is the vision freedom for 199.99$. The other day they wanted 30something dollars for shipping. I ran out of time the other day so I was gonna order it today, and the bill was 435.??$. So I looked it up. The shipping had changed in a couple days to 180.00$, I hadn’t changed a thing in my cart? Anybody know why that would be the case. I tried calling but they say call volume is too high to answer the phone. They said to email, and I’m having trouble with my email now, so I can’t do that!

I just put in a Vision, 1 pack of sabots and 1 52cal brush in the cart.......$135 in shipping and $22 in Fed tax.

$45 shipping for just the Vision??????

I bought a part from them about 4 months ago. A retractable pin for the bolt. Shipping $25.00. I called and cancelled the order. Rediculous amount to ship. Can fit it in a common envelope for $1.00 in stamps. Just ridiculous.

Yea. I changed my mind on an order also . I refuse to pay exorbitant shipping charges. And Knight isnt the only one. I canceld an order from a chess company and a garden supply company for the same reason.

I knew they had the tax, and like I said I think the shipping was like thirty something$. And u had a few different choices of shipping. And I didn’t click on 180$ I know that. And I tried to change the shipping to something else and I cannot. So I don’t know. Not paying 180$ to ship! NO

That still dont explain why just the Vision shipping was $45 (somewhat typical) but add two tiny items that would fit in the same box and the shipping went up $90.......Thats garbage

I looked on midway USA and couldn’t find the vision, and it didn’t pop up when I searched for it either, wonder how you are finding it. I don’t understand this crazy shipping charge. I bought a mountaineer .52 back in December and 300 sabots for the .52 and I don’t remember anything crazy for shipping charges then!

Put JUST the Vision in your Knight shopping cart.....I got $45 to ship just the Vision....They went nuts when the brush and 1 pack of sabots was added.

Subtotal $199.99
Shipping $45.00
Federal Excise Tax $22.00
Total $266.99
Total weight 9 lbs

Then add the sabots and brush.....shipping TRIPLES!!!!!
Subtotal $219.97
Shipping $135.00
Total $376.97
Total weight 10.1 lbs

Put JUST the Vision in your Knight shopping cart.....I got $45 to ship just the Vision....They went nuts when the brush and 1 pack of sabots was added.

Subtotal $199.99
Shipping $45.00
Total $266.99
Total weight 9 lbs

Then add the sabots and brush.....shipping TRIPLES!!!!!
Subtotal $219.97
Shipping $135.00
Total $376.97
Total weight 10.1 lbs
That’s out of control, 45 to ship 9 lbs,then add another pound and it triples.that’s plain old gouging .

I think the online shipping estimator is broken. I would send them a message on Facebook. They got back to me in a few days about something i wanted that wasnt on the website.

knight uses muzzleloaders.com to sell their products and they make a killing on the shipping charges.....I called them and they claim( BS) that fedex sets the shipping charges..you have to decide if the product is cheap enough with shipping charges than another seller...

Something UPS did not long ago was change all their rules for shipping firearms. We used to be able to ship a rifle, bullets and some accessories in one box. That is no longer allowed. We were forced to get additional accounts. A rifle has to ship on one account, and only rifles are allowed. Any item that is a rifle "part" like a scope mount must ship on another account. An item that is not firearm related, say a T shirt must ship on another account. We have 3 accounts now which means more shipping costs and wasted packaging. Maybe Fedex is doing similar crap to their customers.

Something UPS did not long ago was change all their rules for shipping firearms. We used to be able to ship a rifle, bullets and some accessories in one box. That is no longer allowed. We were forced to get additional accounts. A rifle has to ship on one account, and only rifles are allowed. Any item that is a rifle "part" like a scope mount must ship on another account. An item that is not firearm related, say a T shirt must ship on another account. We have 3 accounts now which means more shipping costs and wasted packaging. Maybe Fedex is doing similar crap to their customers.
Makes absolutely no sense, but it’s their sand box.thanks for clarifying that

Something isn’t right, I just put 4 packs of 52 cal sabots in my cart and shipping is 15 bucks.that’s pretty average shipping costs

when I bought my Vision Freedom a year and a half ago thru the Knight site it didn't come from Knight direct , they used muzzle-loader.com..with tax & shipping it cost around $280.00.I know shipping cost have gone up since but you are right its BS!

Back