Last Day of Shooting This Year

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cayuga

In Remembrance
Reaction score
0a5d1de9.jpg

I was debating what rifle to shoot on the last day of this year and decided since I had not shot the second of my Stainless Steel Green Mountain Barrels that are .50 caliber with a 1-28 twist, I would give it a end of the year test run you might say.

Group #1 was .458 diameter 300 grain Hornady Hollow Points out of an orange Knight Sabot. Since these barrels seem to like a STIFF charge, I loaded 100 grains of Goex 3f powder. I was shooting Dynamite Nobel RWS 1075 caps at 30 yards off a bench rest.

Group #2 I first off turned the target 90?s so that I had a clean bottom of the bull to aim off of. I was shooting 100 grains of Goex 3f and some 200 grain Shockwaves. The one slightly out of the group was because I tried to adjust for where the first two were hitting.

I then turned the target 180?s from its original station and took two more shots with the shockwaves just to have some more fun.

Overall this new barrel shoots excellent. The bullets hit right where the front site rests, so all I need do is adjust the sight so they hit a little higher. I do not like a full 6 o'clock hold. That can come at a later time.

Also I want to take this opportunity to wish all members of the forum and their families a very HAPPY NEW YEAR AND BEST OF LUCK IN THE COMING YEAR...

Some nice shootin there cayuga! Great way to wrap-up 2005 & bring 2006 in.

On your GM BBL's . approx where is your rear elevation sight set?

My elevation is a hair higher then half way, and I am one of these people that really bury the front sight into the back sight. These 1-28 twist barrels are sure some good shooters. I am tempted to scope on of the barrels and then see what it can really do.

Back