LK-93 or Black Diamond?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTY

Reaction score
Both 50's, both in great condition, both black and stainless, both #11 nipples.

Idaho used to have a late archery season, and I enjoyed the heck out of it. Then the state moved the season to August-September. I gave up on it.

I now own about 40 acres of bedding area in winter range, and there is a late ML season. This is the lower end of the same canyon range I used to bow hunt in.

Over the years of wheeling and dealing I came into the possession of the above two M/L's. One of them is going to be going hunting this December. I'm trying to decide which should get my initial investment of time. I would rather not try working up a load for one only to shift to the other. So, my question is, is one superior in some way to the other , or should I just grab one and be done with the decision? I am leaning to the Lk, but would have to change the sights. The BD has fiber optic front and rear and I could get by with them but prefer peeps.

I will be using 777, and I have a box of bullets, short starters, etc., that I have acquired in various trades. Most of it came with a laminated stock Bighorn that I traded off as I could not get a comfortable cheek weld on it.
The LK and BD both fit my face.

I barley have time to breathe, that is why I only want to work with one. I am in the process of building a barn, and when that is done, I have to start a shop. I have had a barrel for a Remington 700 in the lathe for months. I cut and threaded the tenon the last time I had a free day.

I have piles of bullets of various weights, styles, and manufacturers that I took in trade over the years. The plan was to start working through the 300+/_ grain ones to see which shot best.

Free time is generally while eating breakfast or dinner. I just finished building the house.

MTY, remember in Idaho you have to use a lead conical during ML season.

And as stated both rifle are very good rifles and will do the job. Which one fits you more comfortably?

I personally would lean to the LK but in reality if the two rifles are of the same quality - it really is a toss up!

Last edited:
My LK shoots a number of different bullets really well. Of course that's with sabots. From what I've heard I would trust the LK to shoot conicals more so than the BD.

Lk 93 , I hunted with one for years, great little rifles. :lewis:

My old eyeballs can still see the fiber optic sights on the BD, so I'll start with that. I will order a peep for the LK in case I have issues with the BD.
The season is the first two weeks of December, so I have time. The biggest impediment I face now is a lack of 777. That is part of the reason I wanted to settle on one rifle and work up one load. I have about 2/3 of a bottle left.

My LK will shoot most 250 or 300 grain bullets well at 90 grains. I have used crushrib sabots with success.

snapbang, thanks for the offer, but that is a long walk from Idaho.

Latest posts

Back