Made some smoke today!!!!!!!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer

Reaction score
8)
Today was great day to be out shooting. I got to the range early and got all set up and starting talking to other shooters and the main topic is that they couldn't find ammo.
I told them to get a ML'er and they wouldn't have a problem. They laughed and a few shitty remarks about how good are ML'ers out to 100 yards. Well the range opened and I started to shoot. Here's how it went.
IMG_0988_zps6lv7bxws.jpg
IMG_0991_zpsgwlu5yfw.jpg
IMG_0997_zpsil9cpcgb.jpg
IMG_1003_zpsg9kx6wvi.jpg

1st target.......1st shot high left. Cold, clean rifle. Next 3 shots made a nice group with Hornady's MONO FLEX 250 GR'ers.
2nd target.......Patched up the target and that little group was with TROPHY COPPERS 270 GR.
3rd target.......Hung new target and those holes were made by the BARNES T-EZ's 290 gr. with Harvester EZ LOAD smooth sabot. They work better then the blue sabot.
4th target.......Patched the target up and those 3 holes were with Harvester PT GOLD 260 GRAIN with Harvester EZ Load smooth sabots.
I never swabbed my barrel until I was done. I did pull the B/P to free it from carbon. Temp at the range this morning was 41*s. Bright sunny day with a 23 mph cross wind coming from my right. I never made any adjustments to my scope. All in all I had a good day of shooting.........

Ray............... :yeah: ( Makes feel good when I run into people who shoot their mouth of about something they know nothing about just to be showed up by a few holes in a piece of paper ).

Nice shooting! And congrats on making non believers believe. For the life of me I can not understand why some people are under the impression that a muzzle loader is not accurate. Some even think they are not powerful. Of course we shooters know they are a lethal and in the right hands, a very good long range weapon.

hawg

Our state-managed range charges $10 per range visit. They also mandate purchasing a windshield parking sticker at $11 per year, placed permanently on only one vehicle. The sticker/permit has an expiration date of my birthday. Is your state similar run/priced?

Nice shooting indeed!!

And Nothing better than showing the doubters what a good front stuffer can do in capable hands. One Of My Hunting Buddies Likes To Talk Smack About My Handicapped muzzleloaders, But Yet He Always Finds AND Excuse To Back Out When I Challenge His 7 Mag Out To 300 Yards With My Smokeless .45

TripleSe7en,

The range I belong to is private and public. If your a member it only costs $5.00 to shoot pistols, rifles, and ml'ers. 1st membership fee is like $190.00 the first year and I think it drops down to 75.00 after that. If your a senior shooter, the yearly is 25.00 a year. If you not a member it's 30.00 a day to shoot.
Now trap and skeet is less if your a member then for a non member and I think a nonmember has to buy their shot shells from the range. The range does not sell CF ammo for pistols or rifles or has rental guns.
The range has heated pistol and rifle benches for the shooters during the winter for those who don't want to brave the cold as well as many out side benches. There's an air gun range and archery and there's trails in the woods that you walk to and shoot at targets. Members are 5.00 and nonmembers are 10.00.
For the cowboy shooters SASS, they have a town set up and it's cool to watch. When there is a match these clubs come and they are all dressed in cowboy duds. Your guns and holsters have to match the clothes of the time and vice verse.
There's civil war en enactments as well as machine gun days and defensive pistol shooting and all kinds of stuff. If you get time go to...bristolranges.com.....and while your there they have some aerial videos of the ranges. I'm a R/O at the WILDERNESS AREA and that's for ml'ers and guns or replica's prior to 1894. The wilderness range is just what it is, in the woods away from all the other ranges. I just wish it was closer to my house. It's 120 miles round trip.

Ray...........

BDH,
It was brutal. I really thought the groups were going to be bigger.

Ray........ :yeah:

Great. I love it when a muzzleloader shooter shows some of the CF shooters how its done. I get the hairy eye when I post targets at 200 to 400yds and then pull out and start loading a muzzleloader. That hairy eyebrow stuff turns to jaw dropping.

I love it! Keep on making believers of them............ :yeah:

Back