Magnum subbases mmp?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmerdeer

Reaction score
Has anyone glued them to the sabots and what have the results been? And has anyone noticed any improvement in acuuracy with them (glued or not) )? I will try them with the 200gr shockwaves,and the 250 and 300 just to see the results. Elmer 8)

It seems as if I recall when MMP came out with a harder sabot that there was less interest or need for the subbases. I have used them but saw no increase in accruatcy but no real loss either. I just found it was not worth the hassle at the loads I shoot, 2300fps or so.

elmerdeer said:
Has anyone glued them to the sabots and what have the results been?

Lower muzzle velocity and little or no affect on accuracy.

With the 200 sst using loctite plastic adhesive on the MMP 50/40 sabot with a subbase, you can shoot over 2500 fps with 70 grs N120. I got this to shoot under moa at 200yds but you only get about 6-7 shots before plastic buildup requires you to stop and scrub out the bore. Oops thought I was on the smokeless forum. Of course I was referring to this use in a Savage, so don't try this in a non smokeless muzzleloader. Maybe one of the admins can move this reply to the advanced board.

Latest posts

Back