More Input Needed

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just purchased a Boyd’s At-one stock . I had them put pillars in it for action screw uniformity . Much to my surprise the model 70 243 WSSM of mine had a plastic trigger guard . You can only guess what happened when I attempted to put 45 pounds of torque on the rear action screw crack . I searched & found a metal one piece trigger guard for a blind magazine box . You wouldn’t think that would be a rare find right . Now this is another surprise after I achieved 40# of torque you could not lift the bolt handle . To me that is a sign of to short of action screws . So if you back the torque off to 30# it frees the action up so you can open the bolt freely . So at 30# there is no need to have pillars . So is Murphy messing with me like usual . It’s never happened to me before . Enlighten me for I am walking in total darkness .

I bought one of those stocks and sent it right back pronto.
I felt it handled like a 2x4 with a barreled action cut in.
Neat concept but poor ergonomics IMHO.
But to each their own.

Got you on that . It seems cumbersome to me . The adjustable comb is to short . The principles are good but for some reason it just does not feel right . Looks good comes up poorly . Adjustments are stiff & hard to work . It’s wood but feels like plastic . They just copied the krieghoff design & made it work for a rifle . I tried looking through the scope & felt all scrunched up . No one makes stocks for real shooters . Rifles cheek different than shotguns . Yet all stocks being made are dropped for field guns . When making a rifle Stock cheek weld should be level to the sight plane . No cheek movement . Pick it up cheek it right on target Everytime .

Thanks for the input but I don’t like glass or plastic stocks . They have no life in them . That’s the only thing I have never liked about my numerous Weatherby rifles .

Latest posts

Back