My birthday present...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I shot her a little at the cabin this past weekend. We were in the midst of this crappy weather pattern of rain for 3 days...had only 1 short window of no rain. I had eyeball bore sighted it when I installed the scope, so I was hoping it wouldn't take long to get her close.

I started with 100gr BH209, W209 primers, and some 240gr Deep Curls w green crush rib sabot (since I have alot of them). First shot at 30yds was right on the bull. So I backed up to 100... shot 3 shots to see how it did. They were several inches high and right, all three shots side by side. A little less than 1 3/4"... not a bad start. First two were close, the last one drifted left a tad.

58ff2eae-b638-46c2-b0f2-d5b46272649b_zpsuikyb6wt.png

Adjusted the scope towards the bull, shot 4 more that interestingly produced the same horizontal shot pattern... three were side by side, about 1 1/2". I blew the 3rd shot a couple inches low. I didn't get a pic of that target as the rain came and I was in a hurry to get packed up.

Was planning to shoot several .452's after that, but the weather and creeping darkness wiped out my opportunity. Can't complain first outing with the rifle was good. I like it and the primers were perfectly clean, so I was happy with that! :yeah:

Hopefully next time I can shoot a number of different bullets and find out what she likes. I feel pretty good about being able to get MOA or better, hopefully. :D

Back