My season so far

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman1

Reaction score
Killed 9/23/2008
six point - 125 lbs

Weather conditions
68% Partly cloudy
Moon Phase
3/4 waning

Excalibur Equinox
Lumi - Zone
matthias72 V-Bar Absorber
Boo string
Groundpounder mount
Greywolf GT lazer II's
G5 Montec

25 - 27 yard shot
Quartering to
Complete pass through
no damage to BH
25 - 35 yard recovery

6point.jpg

Here is the recovery video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe7vZLwB6p8

Excalibur Doe
9/29/08

crossbowdoe.jpg

I got a nice six point tonight with the Equinox.
This was the second time hunting this stand,I had two deer come in the first time but there wasn't light enough to shoot yet so I did an evening sit this time.

I got in the stand at 3:00 and this time brought my thermacell(I wont forget that again,blood sucking vermon)I was hunting out of an Ameristep 16' ladder stand with shooting rail.
I setteled in with a good book(The good book) and was enjoying my time in the word and the woods.I killed my doe last week at 6:30 so at 6:00 I put the bible away,took a drink of water and got serious.
At 6:25 I heard a twig snap and moved my bow into position.
I am hunting planted pines and he is coming diaginal across the rows.
I get him in the scope at 60 yards and follow him all the way in to 15 yards.
He stops and stiffens up,starts looking around,stomps his foot and lifts his tail,I'm no expert but I know what that means so I took the shot with him quarting to me.

The Factory arrow wit a G5 Montec entered at the front of the right shoulder and exited breaking the last rib on his left side.Compleete pass through again,he went 15 yard and was done.
He is somewhat Piebald and not as large in the body as my other buck or doe.

Team Florida is going to wait two weeks before scoring this deer in hopes of my getting a larger buck.
I have a new place scouted out with some outstanding sign.

If no one objects I would like to dedicate this Buck in memory of Digger and call him the Digger Buck.
R.I.P. my friend

Here he is.

It was getting dark and starting to rain so I didn't clean him up very well.
I am taking these pictures myself.

As uncle Ted say's
Where have we seen this before?

crossbowarrowblood.jpg

sixpoint.jpg

sixpoint1.jpg

this is number 4 for me
5 Point

5point.jpg

Well it sure looks like you are on the way to deer herd management with that bow of yours.. way to score some venison.

Sweet! Good Huntin' there. If you run out of freezer space let me know. I always have room for a little more venison. :D

Back