New club and new "used" shot bag

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Sparhawk

Reaction score
I went to the match on Saturday and enjoyed it so much that I joined the club! I learned that Dawn dish soap and water was a very effective patch lube. I shot at least 40 rounds and only had to use 4 patches during my cleaning at home. Of course I ran the brush a few strokes and used another 2 to 3 patches to dry the barrel. I also used my air compressor to thoroughly dry the barrel and under lug, lock, and nipple. I haven't developed my load yet, but will after the 1st, when deer season ends.
I browse Ebay a couple times a week, and it really pays off. I just got my leather shot bag with English charger through the mail. It is in new condition basically and better yet, I only paid a total of $31.75 versus buying the same bag from TOTW for a total of $106 (including shipping on both prices).
It will pay any new comer to muzzle loaders, or a seasoned one, to go to a monthly match if in driving distance. Luckily, I only live 13.2 miles from my club.They hold a 3 day rendezvous in April that I look so much to!
Also, browse Ebay as often as you can because of the awesome deals you can find!

Latest posts

Back