new knight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did, last year. Supposed to be #5 on the list. Spoke with them a few times, first ~$1200 then they wanted some fancy presentation case package... Working on it, but more now maybe ~$1500.. I said I don't want a display item, I want to shoot it. Next it was a whole package deal with a scope. I HAVE scopes. I havent spoke with them in a while. They were supposed to call or E-mail when available. Still waiting :think:

Squeeze said:
I did, last year. Supposed to be #5 on the list. Spoke with them a few times, first ~$1200 then they wanted some fancy presentation case package... Working on it, but more now maybe ~$1500.. I said I don't want a display item, I want to shoot it. Next it was a whole package deal with a scope. I HAVE scopes. I havent spoke with them in a while. They were supposed to call or E-mail when available. Still waiting :think:

Package is: $1,999.99 No scope, but one 10moa and one 20moa scope rails, case bullets, range rod, bi-pod included.

ENCORE50A said:
Squeeze said:

Package is: $1,999.99 No scope, but one 10moa and one 20moa scope rails, custom case, bullets, range rod, bi-pod included.

At this point, No thanks. For $2k ill buy a remington and put a brux 18 twist on with any of a spectrum of BP/primer systems first

Squeeze said:
At this point, No thanks. For $2k ill buy a remington and put a brux 18 twist on with any of a spectrum of BP/primer systems first
that would probably be quicker too
Ashley at Knight said it could be preordered but it's a 6 month wait time right now

Not sure what the big delay is about Knight getting these unless Green Mountain is just swamped with orders. GM sells that 45 1-18 blank. Its a cut rifle blank for BPCR iirc. I believe GM does the receiver machining so all the lead time is basically already done.

http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/bx4518-2-4 ... und-blank/

Wouldn't it be possible for a good machinist to use the GM 45 1-18 blank and just use the customer parts to complete the rifle?

GM54-120 said:
Not sure what the big delay is about Knight getting these unless Green Mountain is just swamped with orders. GM sells that 45 1-18 blank. Its a cut rifle blank for BPCR iirc. I believe GM does the receiver machining so all the lead time is basically already done.

http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/bx4518-2-4 ... und-blank/

Wouldn't it be possible for a good machinist to use the GM 45 1-18 blank and just use the customer parts to complete the rifle?

Yes and cheaper and with bare primer ignition and barrel of choice.

Bestill, that blank is 35" long. My idea is to make it just like a Knight as a 1 piece barrel/action. It looks doable if someone has the skills and equipment. The old barreled action can serve as a "template" of sorts. Just swap over all the parts when done machining.

In theory you could start with a Knight Elite and end up with a fast twist Elite 45.

GM54-120 said:
Bestill, that blank is 35" long. My idea is to make it just like a Knight as a 1 piece barrel/action. It looks doable if someone has the skills and equipment. The old barreled action can serve as a "template" of sorts. Just swap over all the parts when done machining.

In theory you could start with a Knight Elite and end up with a fast twist Elite 45.

It is doable but would take a couple specialized cutters and also make recoil lug block and weld it on

I prefer cutting a donor rifle barrel off and thread action and install new barrel with threaded tenon . Allows for perfect headspace.

All of your ideas are great . I really like Jeff's idea . That solves the headspacing issue . I'm just after the most accurate production muzzleloader I can get . Due to Friendship . That's what intrigued me about the 500 .

I think the 500 is a heavy target gun. Gary was saying how the Mountaineer .45 1-20 Kicks so much more than the 500. I talked to him a few times last year trying for one. More testing..... not ready... soon... few more weeks... :roll: and the price kept going up.. :huh?:

You should try a Super DISC with a 300gr bullet and 120gr of BH209 or a 480gr and 80gr of BH209. It will rock you pretty good :D The worst though is my 54-120 with a 50-385gr and 120gr of BH209. It will blur your vision within a few shots. :p

yep. My old White .504 load was a 460 over 100 grn 7 that was a thumper too. I still think 12ga slugs are worse. I dont hardly use the slug guns anymore, It's all Muzzy or bow now

GM54-120 said:
You should try a Super DISC with a 300gr bullet and 120gr of BH209 or a 480gr and 80gr of BH209. It will rock you pretty good :D The worst though is my 54-120 with a 50-385gr and 120gr of BH209. It will blur your vision within a few shots. :p

Try 180grs with a 300gr bullet :wink:

Lol how about 100 grains of Blackhorn by weight with a 350 grain bullet . That's not a whole lot of fun either ! Lol I know Bestill was shooting those 344 bombs with a pretty good dose of Blackhorn also. Why do we take the punishment sometimes ! Kind of crazy

Dougs136Schwartz said:
Lol how about 100 grains of Blackhorn by weight with a 350 grain bullet . That's not a whole lot of fun either ! Lol I know Bestill was shooting those 344 bombs with a pretty good dose of Blackhorn also. Why do we take the punishment sometimes ! Kind of crazy

Takes a "Special" type of crazy :partyman:

Once you learn to handle the recoil properly, there's nothing to it. Ain't many of us sending bullets out to the ranges we're shooting these loads and rifles accurately. :wink:

Latest posts

Back