.... New toy arrived yesterday ...............

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer1

Reaction score
:D :) 

My new toy arrived yesterday and I was really impressed with the condition of the rifle. I bought this rifle from Track of the Wolf and John at their shop said it was in good shape and he was right. Before you actually get the rifle you only see a pic with about 5 or 6 different views. The stock is great. No scratches or dents. There is a little wear of the bluing on the barrel and I mean just a little. The stock is black walnut and it's nice. If you go to Track of the Wolf and click on guns and then percussion rifles. Once there go to AAM-251 and that's the one I bought. I never bought anything like this without seeing it up close but John was correct. I would say it's a 9 out of 10. If it fires as well as it looks I would say a 9.5 out of 10.
It's a .54 cal RENEGADE with a 26" barrel with a 1-48 twist. The barrel is in great shape. No pitting or rust. Who ever had this rifle really took care of it both inside and out. I hope it performs as good as it looks. When I fired my flinter the first time I was hooked. Had to have a cap lock and now I can't wait to shoot it.
I have to wait until next weekend to shoot it. It's going to be a long week. I'll keep you posted :!: :!: :!: 

Ray..............:shooter:

Well get some dang pic hawg! :ss:  you know we all like the see the new ladies when they show up.

A little birchwood casey bluing paste will touch up any wear, does a great job too and quick.

Good luck with it! Hopefully you keep the patched round ball, it should be a shooter and really leave some holes in the deer!

Cap lock,PRB's...sounds like a new and exciting hunting challenge ahead of you hawg  :)

Nothing says muzzleloading more than a cap lock or flint lock rifle :D

:D 

If it doesn't take too much time to get her zeroed in for 100 yards before the ML'ER ONLY SEASON, which is the 2nd weekend of Dec, I just my have her in the blind with me. :cheers: 

Ray...............;)

PETE, 

What do you think :?: 70 OR 80 grains of 2F or 3F Goex with a .530 ball w/.015 or .018 lubed patch and starting it off I found Remington #11 cap?

:shooter:

That will be fine Ray. You know the routine. Go up and down with the powder load until you find the sweet spot.

With the 1-48 twist you have you won't be able to go as high with the powder charge as a slow twist barrel. However, you have the option to shoot conicals like the TC maxi ball too.

Nice thing about the ball guns is that they don't recoil a lot but still pack a hell of a punch !

With 80 gr 2F and a hard cast .535 ball you can expect pass through's on broadside shots at around 70 to 80 yds.

Latest posts

Back