New way to upload pics

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Jon I got home and tried this on my macbook and I can get it to work with the mac have any clues. Al

sd_car10.jpg

Works on my windows laptop but not on the Macbook

Are any of you on Win 10? I think that's what stopping me. I'm not doing anything wrong. I got it right the first time I tried, but nothing happens when the insert button is pushed. There's nothing difficult about it.

BigAl52 said:
Hey Jon I got home and tried this on my macbook and I can get it to work with the mac have any clues. Al
Brother, I havent a clue about macbook LOL. Im not savvy with phones, booklet deals.

I'll see on my phone how it looks and if its possible.

No windows 10 here Muley. Ive been resisting that one after all the BS with 8 and vista Ive had enough of mircosoft therefore the reason for the macbook. I like 7 and I want to keep it as long as I can. Im on that old guys dont like change to well kick. If it aint broke dont fix it. Al

I agree, but my system got porked and Win 10 was the only way to fix it. It has little problems like this picture deal, but the old way of posting pictures still works, so no big deal.

Most likely waaay to big.

Youtube is the best way to upload your videos and post them. Notice the little youtube icon? You can post the link into there and it shows up like a tv screen on the forum.

sd_car11.jpg

Well I got it to work tonight on the macbook so I dont know what the malfuntion was last night. Al

Hey Jon what about a ride in this one you ready

When I opened each pic, in order for them to download at the right of each pic are 2 icons. One to attach and the other to delete. I had to hit the top icon to get them to load. It may take awhile, but it will load on the post. Just my way of having to do it on windows 7. Long Shot

That actually looks like a pretty cool plane! I like how sleek it looks.

Colonel, Sir,
I used to have a research field station within sight of Rorke's Drift, the subject of the movie, and a short distance from Isandlwana. Isandlwana is the site where 20,000 Zulus attacked a battalion of British soldiers during the Anglo-Zulu war and wiped them out. The British "leadership" ignored warnings about the massing of the Zulu and their blunder cost them over 1000 dead soldiers.
Then, about 13,000 Zulu attacked Rorke's Drift where about 137 British soldiers drove back the attack with less than 10 men lost. Black powder content: The Martini Henry Mark I rifle was the reason for the British success, using the massive 577/450 cartridge that caused some 2000 Zulu casualties.
The Zulu had a few traditional muzzle loaders, but were not skilled at their use.
Ron

patocazador said:
Funny-looking assegai.
You are correct!

By the time of the Anglo-Zulu wars, the Zulu had some old muzzle loaders and used them from the hillside near Islandlwana. They had some assegai that were used for their assigned purpose, up close and personal fighting. But, given the Martini Henry rifles of the British, the Zulu also had long throwing spears for greater range.

The tactics that the Zulu used against other tribes wasn't effective against the Brits with their guns. The opposing tribe would throw their spears. The Zulu would dodge them and wait until the spears were expended. With other tribes, each would throw spears, and the battle ended with the show of force and few casualties. However, the Zulu did not throw spears. They attacked with the short, thrusting assegai and killed large numbers of their opposition.

Some people estimate that the Zulu, using their close fighting tactics, killed more than a million people, mostly Khoikhoi-San natives of the area, before the Dutch left Cape Town and migrated North to escape the British.

I took some photos of the hill at Isandlwana where British soldiers jumped to their death rather than being captured and subject to the "uncomfortable", post capture activities of the Zulu.
Ron

The Boer farmers told the British to form a 'laager' (circle the wagons) every night when they stopped but the arrogant Lord Chelmsford ignored the suggestion. It cost thousands of casualties. When the British finally stood their ground in an orderly fashion, they defeated the Zulus.
Amazingly, the Zulus only had one battle tactic, 'the Bull and his Horns'. It worked great against the other tribes but there had been no backup plan for the indunas to follow in case it failed.

Ron, if you want to read the best and most accurate book about the Zulus, read "The Washing of the Spears" by Donald R. Morris. The appendix even gives a primer on pronouncing the Zulu language.

How about posting those photos of Isandhlwana?

Latest posts

Back