Newbie from Oregon

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bentstick

Reaction score
Hi all,

Glad to have found this site! So much useful information to dive into.

I was gifted a Remington 700ML about 10 years ago and have finally decided to put it to use for deer hunting. When it was given to me it had the 209 primer system as well as scope mounts and came with pellets, sabots and primers. Unfortunately Oregon doesn't allow any of that so I converted it back to its original configuration. I didn't like the plastic stock so I made a new one from a nice piece of walnut I had on hand. I could only find Hornady Great Plains 385gn bullets locally so that is what I'll be using, along with Triple 7 and RWS #1075 caps (also the only #11 caps I could find locally - at $39.00 for 250 - ouch!). Also installed a Williams peep sight on the rear and post sight on the front. Haven't sighted it in yet, but now that the rainy season is winding down I'm looking forward to testing it out. The deer woods I hunt are pretty thick and don't expect I will never shoot out beyond a 100 yards.

IMG_20240206_164806008.jpgIMG_20240206_165032934.jpg
IMG_20240206_165053126.jpg

Welcome to the brotherhood.
Great work. :lewis:

Welcome to the Club. I am also in Oregon by way of Hawaii.

Hi all,

I was gifted a Remington 700ML about 10 years ago and have finally decided to put it to use for deer hunting. When it was given to me it had the 209 primer system as well as scope mounts and came with pellets, sabots and primers. Unfortunately Oregon doesn't allow any of that so I converted it back to its original configuration. I didn't like the plastic stock so I made a new one from a nice piece of walnut I had on hand. I could only find Hornady Great Plains 385gn bullets locally so that is what I'll be using, along with Triple 7 and RWS #1075 caps (also the only #11 caps I could find locally - at $39.00 for 250 - ouch!). Also installed a Williams peep sight on the rear and post sight on the front. Haven't sighted it in yet, but now that the rainy season is winding down I'm looking forward to testing it out. The deer woods I hunt are pretty thick and don't expect I will never shoot out beyond a 100 yards.

View attachment 43717View attachment 43715
View attachment 43716
Well done on a beautiful rifle and welcome to the fold!

Hi all,

View attachment 43717View attachment 43715
View attachment 43716
Welcome to the forum. Absolutely beautiful job on the shock. Why - no checkering, may I ask?
have 2 700ML's that I'm trying to sell. If Mine looked as nice as yours does, Ithink I'd have a hard time parting with them. Well done.

Welcome to the forum. Absolutely beautiful job on the shock. Why - no checkering, may I ask?
have 2 700ML's that I'm trying to sell. If Mine looked as nice as yours does, Ithink I'd have a hard time parting with them. Well done.
Didn't checker it as I had other projects to get to. I will be carving basket weave into like I did with my .308...
IMG_20240430_154827570.jpg

Back