NIB Omega Auction

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only Omega that I would not hold in high regard might be the 28 twist 45 Cal and I'm sure some of them shot good the one barrel that I have did not now the one in 20 if I could find that that would be cool I love to have an original new Factory Omega in 1 and 20
I had a 1:28 Omega that was very accurate but no more so then any other 1:28 Knight etc.

Those other nice muzzleloaders that are mentioned not specifically are they going to have to have a new plug and need upgraded?, one thing I have to say about that Omega that plug is good ,,I can take a new omega out of the box and I've had a couple of new omegas they weren't in the box but they have not been shot ,,you know what ,,I don't need to go out and buy another plug to make this gun shoot. I consider omegas in good shape to be worth between $300 and $500 yes I think paying 8 or 900 or 1000 is not smart but again I'm back to the argument of accurate quality I've never was a TC fan I still don't consider myself one and my experience with TC is only with the Omega,,, but so far for a factory rifle I am way over just impressed, again a lot of things about the Omega I wish we're different but the consistent accuracy of the ones I've shot is impressive everyone in 28 twist 50 cal Omega I have shot has been a shooter as in three-quarter to half inch every 50 cal 28 twist Omega that I have tried has ran Winchester 209 as clean as can be for such a simple rifle with a simple plug again I am amazed reality is the value of any gun is Define by the needs and expectations of the shooter some of those needs are surely Aesthetics fit and function and I know there are those of us who collects fine firearms just because that's what we're into I don't myself any Muzzleloader or gun that I have is a tool to me I will always be more concerned about how it shoots then what it looks like if I cannot use it as a functioning successful tool it's place in my collection quickly fades

I don't know guys. After having that sleek receiver, handy 870 style safety and smooth trigger guard of the Patriot in my hands and in the woods, plus being able to use smokeless without any aftermarket diddling around, I have a hard time thinking about building anything. In my opinion I have the best right here in my mitts.

Would you rather have a Weatherby German Mark V that shot an inch and a half or 2 in or a New England single shot with a 5 lb trigger that shot a half inch one is your prettier to look at but one has much more usable value
My .300 and 30-378 Weatherby Mark V Accumarks both shoot sub MOA at 200 yards so there is no issue there.I have zero complaints. I love Accumarks!

Weatherby are great rifles didn't mean to pick on them,, and actually I really like the Japanese version not to mention the Howa that sprang from that.. I'm not a big fan of the weather be radius shoulder but I do hold the quality at a high standing especially the older guns a shot a lot of them when I was a young groupie hanging out in a gun shop really like the 257 Weatherby actually but back to the topic I love it when Aesthetics handling and accuracy all come together sometimes that's hard to find and sometimes we settle for two out of the three when we shouldn't some of those omegas were nice looking rifles some of the stocks that they were in the laminated ones I think look nice I'm not big on that Applejack thumb hole thing that a lot of guys kick out on I don't mind the plastic block stock but I know they're worth about $30 if you have to go buy one by itself although it today's market that may be different too I'm not an Omega expert but from what I understand there were a lot of Cheaper models sold at Walmart and I think a couple of the ones I've had might be those again they shoot very very well again the plugs run very very clean I guess I cannot say that they're in that aesthetically beautiful category but the two out of the three that's most relevant to me for sure met with the like new omega

Latest posts

Back