No guns at Walmart?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went to Wally World the other day to pick up a hunting license. Their gun cabinets were full of rod and reels. No firearms to be seen. They still had ammo. Guess most if not all are out of the gun business. Has anybody else seen any carrying guns in the last week?

Don

I read this on a post from another firearms forum:

Thank you for your message.
At Wal-Mart, we strive to provide merchandise to meet consumer demand in a given
community.

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. has made a business decision to remove firearms from
approximately 1000 locations within the U.S. beginning March 6, 2006. This
decision is based on diminished customer relevancy and demand within multiple
markets.

As with all merchandise decisions that we make our decision to remove guns from
Wal-Mart locations is simply based on the lack of customer demand for firearms
in a given community. We will now be able to utilize our resources more
effectively to provide customers with the merchandise that they wish to purchase
-- and to discontinue merchandise that they show no interest in.

Thank you,

Customer Relations

I was in the local Super Wal-Mart yesterday and they still had them.

Blue-Dot-37.5

Blue-Dot-37.5 said:
I was in the local Super Wal-Mart yesterday and they still had them.

Blue-Dot-37.5

Mine still has them too.

The WalMart in Celina, Ohio still carries them.

I was at a WalMart in Sidney, Ohio recently. They had discontinued guns for sale. Weatherby Vanguards for $250, $370 for wooden stock models, Browning A bolts for $400, Savages at discounts. A number of other guns. I like to buy from a local gun store and did not buy but some of those are pretty reasonable prices.

Sporting Goods

Went to the new Super WalMart in Germantown and they hardly have any hunting related sporting goods at all. Needless to say there were no guns and almost no ammo as well.

Walmart guns???

One of my local Walmarts actually lost their FFL license...BATF pulled it do to 4473 violations. Our rural Walmart still has guns.

This Corporate decision of Waltmart effects us but it hurts Remington more. Remington depends on that Walmart volume to keep the Illion,New York facility working. You lose 1,000 plus stores times x number of guns
and your production volume changes drastically.

Latest posts

Back