Omega BP's

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So is the vent liners the only ignition source people use ? I was looking at the DI system over on Jeff Hankin's shop on BP's. Is there any place that does quality vent liners. I used those black ones n they went south in 30 shots or so.

Is there a reason other than personal ?
There's no significant improvement to DI, unless one wants maybe 50fps more velocity. More of a PITA for hunting than any other ignition. Imagine setting in a tree stand and having to pull out a nut driver to replace a dummy with a live DI. Then dropping the tool. You're screwed. Speaking of replacement, how about transportation???? You either have to fire the rifle, or risk removing the DI module, loosing propellant and having to install a dummy to meet transport laws.
Need a second shot???? Good luck with that timing. How about loading on a primed rifle????

They can tout it all they want, but I'd go back to a #11 before DI.

Agreed with above. Ive got a DI setup for an Accura and its a PITA. Not bad at a bench, 100% blow by(blowback) free. Nothing leaks past it. But other than that it isn’t really worth it. ASG has an Omega/Encore plug that takes the brass modules and PR Bullets has a couple different Omega setups. VariFlame2 plug and a plug that takes .25acp(?) primed cases. Ive got both but the regular 209 plug modified for vent liners is my favorite hands down.

Back