Omega Differences

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep seeing posts/threads on here singing the praises of Omegas, and every one makes me want one. In looking at them, I see “Omega”, Omega X5, and Omega X7. My efforts to search the topic have proven fruitless, so what’s the differences between them?
Just joined looking for info on my Omega. I guess it's an X7. Has a 24-in barrel. Bought it a couple of decades ago or something in a Walmart in Brunswick Georgia. Only one I've ever seen or heard of with a 24 inch barrel with a laminated stock with a blue barrel. Absolute tack driver and have killed Untold numbers of deer hogs. Thought you might like to see it and to see if anyone has ever heard of this rifle with Factory laminate and blue Barrel instead of stainless

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1486860624491.jpg
    FB_IMG_1486860624491.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20160217_182436.jpg
    20160217_182436.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
There was also a blued version of the X7 only available from Cabela's. Had one and sold it after having the rear lug tig welded and the barrel cerakoted.
The bluing was very thin from the factory. I always thought that as the budget X7.
Btw, the barrel was a short (24") tapered and fluted. There were two separate stocks available. The brown laminate, and a multicolor laminate that included some red in it. Stocks were specific to the X7 barrels due to the tapering.

1694540889799.png

As I said in the post, it's the X7 with a 24 inch barrel but I have never, ever, seen a laminate with a blue Barrel from the factory. Supposedly Cabela's sold one but it had a fluted barrel on it.
So it doesn't have X7 on the top of the barrel but it's definitely a 24-in barrel with a laminate stock and a blue Barrel. At a loss.🤷

Appears to me to be a Z5.
Yeah, yours is not an X7, @BlueWaterCaptain. That’s the full size Omega.
I'm not with the gun now cuz I'm driving a tug down the Chesapeake Bay but in three or four weeks when I get off I'll have to pull it out of the safe and look at it again. I'll stick a tape measure on it to be sure. Regardless of barrel length I still have never seen one with the laminate stock and a blue Barrel from the factory 🤷

Just joined looking for info on my Omega. I guess it's an X7. Has a 24-in barrel. Bought it a couple of decades ago or something in a Walmart in Brunswick Georgia. Only one I've ever seen or heard of with a 24 inch barrel with a laminated stock with a blue barrel. Absolute tack driver and have killed Untold numbers of deer hogs. Thought you might like to see it and to see if anyone has ever heard of this rifle with Factory laminate and blue Barrel instead of stainless
Another pic. With a buck on the ground

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1694558675082.jpg
    FB_IMG_1694558675082.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 1
One could have cut to a 24in barrel with ease, but as others stated it's no x7. Mine has turned into a safe queen . Could be ,the best omega of them all of you ask me

One could have cut to a 24in barrel with ease, but as others stated it's no x7. Mine has turned into a safe queen . Could be ,the best omega of them all of you ask me
Whatever it is I bought it a couple years after they came out brand new in the box at a Walmart in Georgia

Latest posts

Back