Omega measurements

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After I got my sml omega together with the Boyds stock and the Woodman 24''barrel it ended up looking like a sawed off 20 gauge shot gun.So I did some measuring.Factory stock t/c omega overall length is 42''.The barrel is 28'' and the plastic stock is 291/2''.The Boyds stock is 31-1/2'' and Woodman barrel is 24'' for an oal of 38''.I took both stocks side by side and the Boyds stock is 2'' longer that the t/c stock from recoil pad to the end of forend.I know some guys have gotten longer barrels for their Woodman barrels,but anyone else get Boyds stock and measue them?I am actually thinking about taking 2'' of Boyds stock to improve the look.Eldiablo posted a picture of my Omega so if anyone wants to look at it and tell me their opinon on the looks.Just call it STUBBY.

After I got my sml omega together with the Boyds stock and the Woodman 24''barrel it ended up looking like a sawed off 20 gauge shot gun.So I did some measuring.Factory stock t/c omega overall length is 42''.The barrel is 28'' and the plastic stock is 291/2''.The Boyds stock is 31-1/2'' and Woodman barrel is 24'' for an oal of 38''.I took both stocks side by side and the Boyds stock is 2'' longer that the t/c stock from recoil pad to the end of forend.I know some guys have gotten longer barrels for their Woodman barrels,but anyone else get Boyds stock and measue them?I am actually thinking about taking 2'' of Boyds stock to improve the look.Eldiablo posted a picture of my Omega so if anyone wants to look at it and tell me their opinon on the looks.Just call it STUBBY.
" Stubby " boy, I could have fun with that in any number of directions brother, but they'd all get removed.
The gun looks great, but the proportionality of it IS - OFF. If, you have that mental picture of " what a factory Omega should look like"
But if its balanced the way it is, for that " point n shoot " ability that all Omega fans love about the gun, then leave it alone.
I do completely understand the aesthetics & proportionality being important, they are to me as well, but not over " practicality & functionality ".

I don't like the factory Omega stock and I don't like the boys stuck either I wish there was a more open grip traditional stock for an Omega to me it's the one weakness of the original Omega and I have a small hand the grip area all feels a little cramped to me still I like my pitbull Omega

I don't like the factory Omega stock and I don't like the boys stuck either I wish there was a more open grip traditional stock for an Omega to me it's the one weakness of the original Omega and I have a small hand the grip area all feels a little cramped to me still I like my pitbull Omega
I feel like the factory TH stock has a smaller grip than the boyds TH stock. I went with the factory laminate TH on my Omega. But iirc you don’t care for TH stocks? I really like this one a lot. Haven’t been able to put it next to a Boyds to compare lengths, thi.

I feel like the factory TH stock has a smaller grip than the boyds TH stock. I went with the factory laminate TH on my Omega. But iirc you don’t care for TH stocks? I really like this one a lot. Haven’t been able to put it next to a Boyds to compare lengths, thi.
I'll have 1 Boyds TH Omega stock on the .40 & I think this AppleJack TH Omega stock I got for the small cal Omega is a factory stock. I'll get to see the diff side by side. I did have my .40 stock increased the LOP to 14.25" Kick Ez pad & scalloped checkering.
I never cared for or wanted a TH stock until after my fall & motorcycle crash & destroying my right arm from my hand on up. I don't have the full range of motion or use of my elbow or wrist. It makes shooting without the TH stock more difficult & uncomfortable. I want a palm swell target/varmint stock on one of my Omegas. I actually liked the orig grey lam Omega stocks. I always thought it was an awesome balanced, point-n-shoot muzzleloader, it handled very well I thought. Still do. I think I'll like the TH stocks when I get use to them, it is easier on my arm & hand. I don't care about the foregrip length difference. I did get longer barrels on mine.

I guess you could paint an end cap however usually you would cut two or three inches off of the end put a wooden dowel in the stock and also put a hole in a course your piece you're going to add to it glue it up sand it all down and refinish it and then again there's a lot of other creative ways to do it too

Back