T/c stock or sale woodman 45 barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has any one put their Woodman Omega barrel on a t/c omega stock?I don't like the way mine looks so I am going to put it back on the factory stock.If I don't like it that way I may sale the Woodman 24" barrelfor the Boyds stock.If I like the barrel on the factory omega stock I may sale the Boyds stock.If I sale the Woodman barrel,then I will try to get a 26'' barrel for it to look right.With the factory stockbeing 2" shorter it will look better but if I can buy a new barrel for the Boyds stock,it will look better as well.Wait and see how the omega stock looks with the 24'' barrel.

Has any one put their Woodman Omega barrel on a t/c omega stock?I don't like the way mine looks so I am going to put it back on the factory stock.If I don't like it that way I may sale the Woodman 24" barrelfor the Boyds stock.If I like the barrel on the factory omega stock I may sale the Boyds stock.If I sale the Woodman barrel,then I will try to get a 26'' barrel for it to look right.With the factory stockbeing 2" shorter it will look better but if I can buy a new barrel for the Boyds stock,it will look better as well.Wait and see how the omega stock looks with the 24'' barrel.

In a Boyd’s stock, even a 26” barrel looks stubby. Mines a little over 28” with the brake and it looks okay but without the brake, it still looks stubby.
For reference, it is 42” OAL the way you see it.
IMG_2792.jpeg

@brownisdown did you end up putting your Woodman barrel back on the original stock? Could you post some pics of you did. I’ve got my 26” Brux barrel from Woodman but I don’t have time to work on it right now. My plan is to put mine back on the original stock.

I did put it back on the factory stock but did not like the way it felt. I cut almost 1 1/2 inch off of my Boyds stock.I really like it and the way it looks and feels.And I believe Eldiablo cut part of his Boyds stock as well.The factoy stock is 29 1/2 inches and the Boyds stock is 31 1/2 inches in length.IF you cut some off of your Bods stock and put the 26;; barrel on it I believe you will like it.Also Eldiablo put his Woodman barrel back on his factory stock and there is a picture of it on some of his posts.

Back